Windows XP Cosmetics

hey how are you hope fine. i am trying to change windows xp defualt sound scheme or sound files with my custom sounds how can i integrate my custom sound files in unattended winxp cd as its defualt sound scheme and files.

thanks

hope you may reply an informative answer as usual i have learn alot from this site and after i have finished my uni. exams then i will start a project to build a website and donate that site to msfn.

Make this directory, place any media files here.

1:\ YOUR_HD:\XPCD\i386\$OEM$\$$\Media

2:\ Make your theme file in Windows and save it in

YOUR_HD:\XPCD\i386\$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes\YOUR_THEME.theme

During the install this will get copy over to the correct spot.

That all you have to do to have your custom sound theme install with windows.

:thumbup thanks alot for your suggestion but i dont want this form of integration i want to integrate my custome files instead of the orginal or default windows xp sound schemes files like we integrate sp2 in winxp sp1 may be u understand now what i want to do. i dont want to have both the winows default sounds and my sounds visible in such a directory. i just want to replace the default windows sounds files in the cd.

i have more question but this is the 1st step for my winxp cosmetics

:o ok thanks but thats not the solution for my problem by doing that i will lost the space in my cd so i want to integrate or replace the orginal files with my files. thanks alot for your suggestion now i have to go university when i back i will join again thanks alot dear friend. :hello:

HFSLIP can do it, using the "HFEXPERT/APPREPLACEMENT" folder and/or the "FIX" folder.

The only "real" difficulty is to rename your files (WAVE, THEME, etc...) as they are on the Windows CD, in the 8.3 form. (look into txtsetup.sif for the correspondances)

HFSLIP can do it, using the "HFEXPERT/APPREPLACEMENT" folder and/or the "FIX" folder.

The only "real" difficulty is to rename your files (WAVE, THEME, etc...) as they are on the Windows CD, in the 8.3 form. (look into txtsetup.sif for the correspondances)

Really?

Living and learning. Gotta give HFSLIP a try sometime.

Can't do it. You need to use $OEM$ folders. Just make a batch file, make it run on first boot and code it to delete what you dont want.

This is awful. Don't make claims unless you're positive. I can assure you that you are 100% WRONG!

Really?

Living and learning. Gotta give HFSLIP a try sometime.

For sure it can ! :)

The two folders (FIX & APPREPLACEMENT) are used to replace any file in the i386 dir and/or the driver.cab file ;)

EDIT:

Owww! What the hell is your problem? Maybe you haven't read the whole Thread!

Not that I have to apologize to you (thank god), but I did say I didn't knew it was possible.

Next time you have a problem with any of my posts, PM me! Making stupid posts like that will not get you anywhere!

I hope that this post is not the "stupid post" you're targeting at. I had no problem with your posts, I were only giving you more detail (I believed it could have interested you)

Edited by Delprat

Owww! What the hell is your problem? Maybe you haven't read the whole Thread!

Not that I have to apologize to you (thank god), but I did say I didn't knew it was possible.

Next time you have a problem with any of my posts, PM me! Making stupid posts like that will not get you anywhere!

:wacko: ok left that i have tried the HFSL what was that is not working and of no use because i have used it before this while i want to integrate my hotfixes and updates of windows but it cant work properly but i was very impressed by the addons packs created by ryanvm.net like some softwares, utilities, themes packs if anyone now how to make such type of addons packs then please teach us because this can reduce the time cost to integrate and reliable because i have tested the ryanvm's addons packs in which i have integrated some utilities, themes with the help of nlite just put downloaded cab files in nlite and it integrates in the cd of winxp, i have also tested this works very vell i have also tried msn messenger integration from his addon pack and it works very nice i m using his msnmessenger addon pack integreted messenger till now without any error but the ryan's updatepack or windows updates pack don t work fine its fail in my opinion i integrate updates and hotfixes manualy.

thanks

so please tell us if you know how to create an addon pack like ryanvm.net to integrate in xp cd.

:rolleyes: