How to Extend or Add new Items .........

CRK

what i mean is to extend or add new items to the New menu that appears when you right click the mouse

Under win9x i was checking the Tweak UI for latest Unofficial Service pack 2.1a , and the part that says New .. OK... all i can see is that you can disable some of them by unselecting desire items .. but when i uncheck some and press OK .. some of them that i didn't uncheck disappear . when i ran the TweakUI again i checked all of them but nothing happends and the most i like, Notepad , office documents.... are gone... even if i have checked all items from the TweakUI , i can see all of them there but they are not on the right click menu :( anyone know how to solve this issue ??? need some registry refresh or something ?

My Best Regards

if your mind believe google is everything then you should think why this board exist ? :hello:

still waiting for a none lazy answer

My Best Regards

Edited by CRK

:thumbup did long time ago my friend but still haven't found a solution from google.. TweakUI shows the corret items with good values as i see ... but don't know why still the complete list is not displayed :( specially notepad and ms word ...

and that's why i came here for a possible alternative solution?

this is what i got in my registry for .txt :

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt]

@="txtfile"

"Content Type"="text/plain"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\ShellEx]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]

@="{EAB841A0-9550-11cf-8C16-00805F1408F3}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt\ShellNew]

"FileName"="Text Document.txt"

in : C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew

i got the the file --> Text Document.txt

still nothing happends.. many times y rebooted afer doing some changes in registry but still nothing

also i did read from here: _http://www.winplanet.com/article/1871-.htm still not positive results for me.

any ideas?

My Best Regards

Edited by CRK

everything is working fine on my system except this.. i wonder if there's some registry trick like a limit of items to display there or file.. because those trick don't work. in TweakUI i see the New Text Document there checked.. but on the right mouse click there's not. :(

My Best Regards