Creative SB AudioPCI 128D

First of all thanks for all the help with getting my RIS setup. I have loaded a few machines and everything is starting to go really smooth. I am using RISult to prepare my flat-iamge of WIndows XP. It is working like a charm.

I have a machine that has the Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128D installed in it. It boots up the first time with a warining on the device. Also, in the root of C there is folder called SBPC with a .inf, dll and a .exe. I have a couple of things running on the first login, but this is definitely not one of the procedures that I have running. The .exe is a Sound Blaster tool to remove the drivers. The installer by Creative thinks that the drivers are installed, but Windows thinks that it is wrong. Here is the strange part: If I disconnect from the network (just to make sure that it isn't getting it from Windows Update) and update the driver inside Device Manager with the recommended setting it finds the driver on the machine.

What could cause this? Is it a bad driver or does the BTSDriver pack not support this Device? I have loaded this machine 3 times and it does the same thing everytime. It almost seems that it isn't grabbing the right driver durint the installation process.

I am using Method 2 in the BTS_BASE recommended by RISult. I am pretty sure that this doesn't use the entry in the .SIF file under the [unattended] section called OemPnPDriversPath and OemFilesPath. I am correct to assume that Method 2 of BTS_Base doesn't use these two entries?

Didn't know if anyone ran into this behavior? Didn't know if it was a 'known problem' or if I screwed up my image?

Thanks for the help and the tools.

I always have this happen to me in VMware. Doesn't matter is it's a CD or RIS install either. I never did bother to investigate the problem, rather I simply added a folder delete line in one of my post setup scripts. Sometimes I just need to take the path of least resistance as time is so short lately.

I am using Method 2 in the BTS_BASE recommended by RISult. I am pretty sure that this doesn't use the entry in the .SIF file under the [unattended]section called OemPnPDriversPath and OemFilesPath. I am correct to assume that Method 2 of BTS_Base doesn't use these two entries?

Hi,

You are correct in your assumption.

I am not able to verify your behaviour as I do not have access to that particular hardware. It doesn't sound like a RISult or RIS specific issue though.

Good luck,

Andy

Edited by Fencer128

Thanks fellahs.

I knew it wasn't a RISult problem, I was trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks for writing it, it makes my job much easier. ;):)

I am going to just delete the folder during my other processes.