We take out, we add in

Squeeto

This is a bit off topic, but members of this forum have directed me to many additional applications to add in to my now highly reduced Win2k. These include myuninst, mpui, win32pad, etc.

I just thought I would mention a nice open source app that I just found that gives the taskbar a needed boost. It is a WindowBlinds sort of thing called TClock3 by WildBill. If you are interested, have a look:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=64148&st=0

I'm really interested in that, but since every time it refreshes it disconnects from the taskbar and leaves a junk process running, apparently I'm destined for windows greyness.

Hope it works for everyone else. :D

This will keep your system running nice and light by replacing the explorer shell. It uses far less resources, doesn't crash and can be configured tons of various ways. Personally, I like the multiple desktop feature.

Tain, did you ever try fdv's files and doing hfexpert\win\firefox? Remove the few readme files with spaces in the filenames of the firefox folder. You'd be missing a shortcut though. I tried it once and I believe it worked.... and they said you could never slipstream firefox. They said you could never remove IE too. That would be cool by topping it off by slipstreaming an alternate shell. Nice sweet solution. ;)

[squeeto, sorry for hijacking]

TommyP

Do you have a screenshot and does it HFSLIP? - Notice my casual verbing of HFSLIP :)

TAiN

I tried Litestep and it was too buggy for me at the time and that was not a good thing considering I was just getting into HFSLIP and FDV's files.

[squeeto, sorry for hijacking]

No problem, actually good 'cause I wanted to know how to do this with Opera anyway :P

And since we are deviating a little off topic, anyone know what happened to Oleg_II? Not like him to stay out of the mix for so long.

Tain, did you ever try fdv's files and doing hfexpert\win\firefox? Remove the few readme files with spaces in the filenames of the firefox folder. You'd be missing a shortcut though. I tried it once and I believe it worked.... and they said you could never slipstream firefox. They said you could never remove IE too. That would be cool by topping it off by slipstreaming an alternate shell. Nice sweet solution.
I am currently using Silence of the Foxes. Works great for me. Is there anyone seriously interested in an alternate shell for HFSLIP? I would be willing to work on a Litestep silent installer-type addon.
Do you have a screenshot and does it HFSLIP? - Notice my casual verbing of HFSLIP

Yehaw! HFSLIP is now a verb!

Just Google it...

Just HFSLIP it...

:thumbup

Edited by TAiN

on this whole alternate shell thing, i am too lazy to do the research :P so the various shells all allow users to move icons around the desktop now? only one did back when i was paying attention.

Icons on the desktop are an explorer.exe function. With bblean you need to configure your desktop icons yourself. Litestep was buggy for me.

Squeeto - nope, no screenshots. I did that stuff a few months back. I'll see if I have my bblean config files so I can install it and attempt to post a pic here.