Which OS are you using?

WeirdEars

dads desktop(some crappy dell, 350mhz 384mb) - nlited xp sp2, runs very well considering how crappy it is

sisters laptop(hp pavilion ze4125) - nlited xp sp2, runs like crap b/c she's a girl, used to run amazing when it was mine

my desktop(see sig) - insanely nlited xp x64 - runs amazing

I use pc-dos 6.30 (home brew) on one box, and ms-dos 10.50 on the other box. Like all DOS versions 10.x, these stem from an OS/2 vers 1.x. So it's MS-OS/2 vers 1.50. As with all versions of ms-dos since vers 8, you can't slip into straight dos mode. it loads a windows gui, here MS-BOB 5.0.

Currently installed is OS/2 vers 1.40 (WinNT), 1.50 (Win2k), 1.51 (WinXP), 1.52 (Win2k3), 1.60 (Vista), along with OS/2 2.45 (ecomstation). I have dos versions 5.50, 6.30, 7.10 and 20.45 installed. Maybe i'm amazed.

W

@os2fan2

wow that sounds like a lot of work :blink: although, i guess it takes talent to do all that, which i dont have :lol:

@ripken204

whats wrong with an old dell 350? :lol: im messing with ya, a faster computer is much nicer. i do have a dell 366 laptop and i find it fine for what i do. just moderate internet and chatting, lots of chatting :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

My main computer (Pentium P4 3.4 ghz) uses Win 2K, although in the last couple of weeks I have installed Xandros 4.1 (dual boot) and am taking my first baby steps in Linux.

I'm typing this on my secondary computer (about 4 years old) with a Tyan S2495MB and an Athlon XP3000. It is running Win 98SE2ME. Both of these computers I built from scratch, which is really the way to go.

After seeing the direction MS is heading with Vista, I knew I just had to start learning Linux. With support for W2K ending in 2010, I need to start planning new options, and XP and Vista are not it.

I might have never gone over to W2K except I started doing a lot of video work and was limited by the 4gb. file size of W98.

I have lots of other MS operating systems all the way down to DOS 1.1 with the IBM manual and slipcover case (and the original IBM 5150 to run it on.)

I use pc-dos 6.30 (home brew) on one box, and ms-dos 10.50 on the other box. Like all DOS versions 10.x, these stem from an OS/2 vers 1.x. So it's MS-OS/2 vers 1.50. As with all versions of ms-dos since vers 8, you can't slip into straight dos mode. it loads a windows gui, here MS-BOB 5.0.

Currently installed is OS/2 vers 1.40 (WinNT), 1.50 (Win2k), 1.51 (WinXP), 1.52 (Win2k3), 1.60 (Vista), along with OS/2 2.45 (ecomstation). I have dos versions 5.50, 6.30, 7.10 and 20.45 installed. Maybe i'm amazed.

W

Glad to see people still use OS/2, i was OS/2 user, from OS/2 2.0, 3.0, to 4.0, however, never use OS/2 1.X before. you must be rather senior in computer area...8)

Now i am running absolutly in Windows 2000sp4, this is going to be the last version i stay at Microsoft camp. i will find as many open-source replacement software as possible to extend the windows 2000's service life.

Firefox to IE7, miranda messenger to msn messenger...

ooff.

this rig is using Windows 2000 Professional SP4 with 32bit fixes

the computer next to it runs an nLited XP Pro Sp1

my little computer upstairs runs Ubuntu SE [tweaked 6.10]

and the AMD system that is leaving tomorrow runs an nLited XP Sp2

if i ever get my last AMD system running, it'll dual boot Ubuntu SE/XP Pro, if i'm really into it i'll try getting Darwin to work and triple booting.

i might be getting a 64bit CPU, i was wondering, is there any fully developed and worth using 64bit OS?

so far i think if i do get it, i'll be going with a 32bit windows, and 64bit linux distro, but if theres a 64bit OS that is really good, i might think of trying it.