Microsoft Embarassment, Windows Vista Crashed.

AgentGOD

untitled7ei.jpg

Today, Windows Vista has successfully been crashed, after 2 seconds of execution of a malicious program. On Microsoft's behalf, their claim of "the worlds most stable operating system" has proven failure.

A beta product running beta drivers crashes on YOUR hardware and Microsoft is embarrassed?

Congratulations, you have just won troll of the year!

Actually if your malicious app caused a system halt this is a prelude to a good thing as it means the Vista kernel is intercepting your attack and prevented it (by halting). When Vista becomes more mature then MS will take the take to actually prevent the attack gracefully.

Are you the kind of guy to take a 2008 car, crash it into a telephone pole and call Ford embarrassed because no air bags deployed... oh wait look, the car is not done yet & they haven't installed the air bags.

Edited by travisowens

Nah, actually, it was crashed successfully on my test machine, by using a malicious program. Which shouldn't happen. After all, Microsoft claimed that Vista is the "most stable and reliable operating system ever".

Edited by AgentGOD

A beta product running beta drivers crashes on YOUR hardware and Microsoft is embarrassed?

Congratulations, you have just won troll of the year!

Actually if your malicious app caused a system halt this is a prelude to a good thing as it means the Vista kernel is intercepting your attack and prevented it (by halting). When Vista becomes more mature then MS will take the take to actually prevent the attack gracefully.

Are you the kind of guy to take a 2008 car, crash it into a telephone pole and call Ford embarrassed because no air bags deployed... oh wait look, the car is not done yet & they haven't installed the air bags.

Windows Vista did not intercept the crash attempt. The system files were actually corrupted, rendering Windows unable to boot.

@AgentGOD - I dont know how many times i have to tell people thats there is a sub heading for windows vista and IE7 AND your signature is WAY TOO BIG!

5. Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb. Flash and animated sigs are not permitted. You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image. Advertising and/or affiliates are not allowed in signatures nor avatars. Avatars are to be a maximum of 100x100 pixels. If your avatar or signature goes above these guidelines they will be taken off without notice. Any signatures found to be attached to a thread and used as a signature host is not allowed on MSFN and will be removed. Members with slow connection can disable other members signatures when reading posts by going to: My Control - Options - Board Settings.
Be sure to read the forum rules

Edited by wolf74481

Its called BETA for a reason you know. Judging by your lack of reading skills that you are just another moron who has gone to a warez site and found it saying windows vista final and thought " WOW im gonna be cool and use vista now" even though you probably have absolutely no idea how to use something like XP

Its called BETA for a reason you know.

We all know it's currently in its beta stages. But for Microsoft's oh-so-confident claim that it's rock solid, has proven them wrong so far.

Edited by AgentGOD

now quite honestly, you know what's the best part of people writing and releasing malicious programs for a beta OS that's still in development? It usually means they won't have an affect by the time a final is released.

I know i've done this a few times for things i've written. I also noticed you didn't make mention of what build you were using, or what you crashed it with. Heck, anyone can screw up anything with a few right commands regardless of security.

Anything is crashable given the right code. Ostensibly, if you were running antivirus, antispyware, and were using DEP hardware, the files wouldn't have been corrupted. If you're running as root in any OS this can happen. You can only go so far in protecting people from themselves.

Edited by RogueSpear

Heck, anyone can screw up anything with a few right commands regardless of security.
ya don't have to tell me twice, my little cozen, hes about 5, had "fun" with my computer and well it wasn't pretty! :no: which proves my theory! "little kids should not touch computers"!

and ur right,

i dont care if its a super hyper secure version of windows that is locked up with admin password just to move the mouse, CRAP HAPPENS!

ehem please excuse my inappropriate outbursts :P

Edited by wolf74481

now quite honestly, you know what's the best part of people writing and releasing malicious programs for a beta OS that's still in development? It usually means they won't have an affect by the time a final is released.

I know i've done this a few times for things i've written. I also noticed you didn't make mention of what build you were using, or what you crashed it with. Heck, anyone can screw up anything with a few right commands regardless of security.

Build 5308.