[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

I have managed to install a copy of Windows Vista 32-bit myself now into VMWARE. Nero 7 doesn't work indeed, but remember this is actually my first release of Nero 7 Lite for Windows Vista. I now can test more quickly to hopefully solve this issue as fast as possible.

Edited by Acheron

I got Nero 7.7.5.1 Lite to work on Vista(64). Here's how : I installed a full copy of 7.7.5.1 and then uninstalled, then I installed the lite version and it worked! I did have an error about the registry pop up. After I ran as administrator the error went away.

Edited by dasfast

I have been able to get this to work on Vista 32-bit.

here is what i did:

1. Uninstall Nero Lite 7.7.5.1

2. Run Nero CleanTools (from Nero Website); you dont have to clean user profile information

3. Install Nero Lite 7.7.5.1

4. Run Nero Lite as Administrator

if someone has not installed Nero Lite at all yet, and your system has been freshly formatted (or you have never installed Nero Lite on it), try installing Nero Lite 7.7.5.1 on your system and run the program as administrator to see if it works.

Alternativley, if you install Nero 7.7.5.1 with Nero BurnRights, this will bypass the need to runas Administrator

scratch that last one, it does not work if you run it with BurnRights, but it does run if you runas Administrator

could someone try running it as Administrator that has it installed already with that error message and see if you still get the same error.

Edited by metalguy90

Update:

I have managed to run Nero 7 Lite now on Windows Vista. The problem is that you're not working as an Administrator by default in Windows Vista, so registering AdvrCntr2.dll fails and most of the registry data is written to Current User account instead of the Local Machine account.

I'm working on a fix now.

P.S. I have gotten reports back that some people were not able to download Nero 7 Lite from my site. I have taken some counter measures to fight against some malicious attacks on the server. If a lot of people are affected I will take a look at it.

I have got Nero Lite 7.7.5.1 to work on Windows XP. I have erased the value of Serial7 in the Register, Then I Launch nero and it has worked, it offered me to register nero. i have registered it with the demo serial to try it and it has worked perfectly.

Please if you can diagnose the problem to fix it to install Nero Lite unattended without doing what i did.

Thanks

I have got Nero Lite 7.7.5.1 to work on Windows XP. I have erased the value of Serial7 in the Register, Then I Launch nero and it has worked, it offered me to register nero. i have registered it with the demo serial to try it and it has worked perfectly.

Please if you can diagnose the problem to fix it to install Nero Lite unattended without doing what i did.

Thanks

yeah! it works!

@ benjamminzIS

Yes it is installed unattended in Windows XP, but the problem when i want to launch Nero, i got an error illustrated above with a pic. Here is the pic again if you want to see the problem.

dibujohx5.jpg

Edited by Major

Here is some news. I had big trouble with Nero activation module. The Nero setup makes use of some internal activation mechanism from within the setup. Without this activation you get the FATAL error warning. To workaround this issue I have included a valid serial. The Demo key doesn't work on first run.

This key is only used during Nero 7 installation and won't be visible to the user. After installation Nero uses the default Demo key. Nero 7 Lite will work as a Demo as expected. Some clever users can grab the key by monitoring the installation program, but its very unlikely that people using illegal Nero versions would go through this proces.

I hope MSFN will understand this and make an exception for me this time.

I have some reports from users unable to burn using the Nero 7 Micro version. I tested DVD-burning with latest version and it seems ok, but if errors still exist when I release updated version I will take a look at it.

Edited by Acheron