[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

As I'm working on the new version, Nero 7.7.5.1 is different than previous updates. The main program is converted to Unicode, but to allow programs who depend on the current Nero API to continue working also the ANSI stuff is installed. To keep NeroAPI working next Nero 7 Lite version would be several MB's bigger to install, a no go for me.

If you use some software that makes use of the NeroAPI please stay away from new Nero 7 Lite versions.

As I'm working on the new version, Nero 7.7.5.1 is different than previous updates. The main program is converted to Unicode, but to allow programs who depend on the current Nero API to continue working also the ANSI stuff is installed. To keep NeroAPI working next Nero 7 Lite version would be several MB's bigger to install, a no go for me.

If you use some software that makes use of the NeroAPI please stay away from new Nero 7 Lite versions.

3rd party or Nero apps (recode, vision) need NeroAPI, too?

Only 3rd party applications I think. Nevertheless most home users don't need it.

Will this new lite version still have com surrogate error in Vista? I know you can fix error by lowering merit value of all Nero codecs to 00200000 (do not use) using a directshow filter manager but I would like to know if this is fixed?

I have not yet seen the error on the new version, using Windows Vista.

Only 3rd party applications I think. Nevertheless most home users don't need it.

If Nero is decent enough they'll surely convert the NeroAPI-dependant software to Unicode as well in future updates. So leaving out the ANSI stuff would not be a problem :)

Perhaps this is a good reason to update to the new Nero.. usually I don't update since it works just fine :)

Hello ...

I ask all of you again - why i can't post my NERO Lite 7.7.5.1 WITHOUT A SERIAL !!! ???

Instead of this i get banned constantly ... every all other person has do what they want but i can't even post a reply to another

topics ... :realmad:

There lot of person that waits for this release and why you don't allow them to have what they want Shark ???

Hello ...

I ask all of you again - why i can't post my NERO Lite 7.7.5.1 WITHOUT A SERIAL !!! ???

It's a very simple equation. warez=banned.

I downloaded your postings, found them to contain illegal serial numbers. End of story.

Now if you were to include a TRIAL serial number, the program will pop up a message that you are using a 30day trial.

shark

Acheron,

Brilliant stuff!

Question: This NeroAPI stuff... so, the new Nero uses Unicode, correct? If you gutted the NeroAPI, does the resulting Nero Lite wind up bigger, or smaller?

And how important is this NeroAPI?

elajua says that DVDShrink uses it. But what if you were to just use DVDShrink to 'shrink', then open Nero separately to burn the result? I guess what I'm trying to say is: Does DVDShrink use NeroAPI to burn, or does the resulting DVD file on your hard drive only work with NeroAPI?

(Patiently awaiting 7.7.5.1 Micro...) :D:whistle:

I have upgraded the WordPress CMS to 2.1, I'm not sure but it might have broken the download. However I'm planning on upgrading all stuff to Nero 7.7.5.1 today anyway. If necessary you can always download from Softpedia or use the regular Nero package.

Pls post you version as fast as it can be - all people that have limited Internet connections like me (limit to 5kb/s) want to download this ! Cos you version have CoverDesigner and CD Tools ...

Edited by BartekAlien