[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

I downloaded the latest version 7.5.11 from nero and all i can say is OMG.

The downloaded English file was 189MB.

In the past, i would make my own package of this resulting in a 40MB installer.

This latest version, best i could do was 100MB installer.

Time to look at alternatives and say goodbye to nero.

EDIT: well after looking around a bit i was able to get my personal installer down to 41MB

Most of the latest bloat was in nero vision. The 3D animations were huge. I also normally include full versions of the help files, replacing them with the distributed help files also help to reduce the size dramatically.

shark

Edited by Shark007

I don't know what your talking about. Why don't you just shut up :hello:

Sorry? I wondered why ahead publish new versions from week-to-week... Sorry if my english wasnt so perfect or bothered somebody. :}

Joc

OK, sorry for that. I thought you were referring to me not publishing Nero 7.5 Lite yet. I just want to play it safe not to get in trouble with Ahead.

If they want to they can sue me for Copyright violation.

I downloaded the latest version 7.5.11 from nero and all i can say is OMG.

The downloaded English file was 189MB.

In the past, i would make my own package of this resulting in a 40MB installer.

This latest version, best i could do was 100MB installer.

Time to look at alternatives and say goodbye to nero.

shark

true ... they are good in cd burning and should not increase the size by putting so many craps software...

sigh...

OK, sorry for that. I thought you were referring to me not publishing Nero 7.5 Lite yet. I just want to play it safe not to get in trouble with Ahead.

If they want to they can sue me for Copyright violation.

Ok, it was mis-understandig... I allways waiting for patiently and using your release. Peace!

Joc

when I installed the Nero-7.2.7.0_eng_lite.exe

then I want to run the proggy, nithing happens!

I tried over already installed nero lite, still didn't work

double click on Nero Smart or Nero Burning ROM , nothin' showed up

plz any help?

It`s the same issue as mine (post nbr 404). It`s about serial number...just delete serial from registry, start Nero core again and nero starts but it shows that your demo version expired. You have 2 options - wait for solution from more skilled guys here - i`m waiting too or the 2nd option is manualy add serial number when nero asks for it in dialog...I prefer 1st option so I wait...

I'm using your latest version of Nero 7 Lite Micro, but whenever I try to burn VCDs or SVCDs it gives an error that says: Cannot start video encoder.

I'll try to fix this error for next release.

Please note Nero 7.5 is not compatible with Windows 98/ME, cause of missing Activation module. I might try to create a special Windows 98/ME release, but next version of Nero 7.5 lite will not support Windows 98/ME yet :(

I'm using your latest version of Nero 7 Lite Micro, but whenever I try to burn VCDs or SVCDs it gives an error that says: Cannot start video encoder.

I'll try to fix this error for next release.

Please note Nero 7.5 is not compatible with Windows 98/ME, cause of missing Activation module. I might try to create a special Windows 98/ME release, but next version of Nero 7.5 lite will not support Windows 98/ME yet :(

Thank you! Keep up the good work Nero 7 Lite is great.

I'm currently building and uploading Nero 7 Lite 7.5.1.1 release, but I can give you the changelog:

Nero 7 Lite v7.5.1.1 (revision 1.4.1.1)

- Upgraded components to Nero 7.5.1.1

- Replaced MauSau Ogg Vorbis Audioplugin with Nero Ogg Vorbis plugin

- Removed MauSau Aac Audioplugin

- Added English language to all versions of Nero 7 Lite. Note: This does not include English Help files

- New Unattended switches: /USER, /COMPANY and /SERIAL

- Regression bug: Nero VCD/SVCD encoding was broken in Nero 7 Lite v7.2.7.0

- No more Windows 98/ME support

Edited by hp38guser

Nero 7.2.7.0 Lite

Todo:

- Upgrade InnoSetup to 5.1.7 (Better language select)
- Upgrade Nero 7.2.3.2b to 7.2.7.0
- Make Nero Sounds optional
- Add more languages (Czech / Japanese)

Problems in current version:

- View Disc info, Erase Disc, Create covers/labels etc on Nero Express are missing.
- Mp3 skipping solved?
- Lightscribe / Labelflash support working?

This is my todo list. Can anyone please tell me about the MP3 skipping solved or not in 7.2.3.2b or 7.2.7.0? I never got the problem on my system.

About Lightscribe / Labelflash support in Nero Lite, does it actually work properly in Nero 7 Lite? I can't test this myself since I don't have any lightscribe or labelflash hardware.

About Nero Vision Express / Recode etc. Not going to happen in the next few days. If anyone has detailed information about Nero Directshow plugins please PM me.

Are there any other problems I'm not aware of in current Nero 7 Lite?

Will all these problems be fixed? in v7.0 xxx Labelflash was working for me.. not sure bout 7.2