[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

Next step to trim down Nero 7 Lite filesize is by shrinking Nero 7 main executable. Thanks to a http://serenity.pixelarmy.org/nero.htm I was able to crack the Nero file protection mechanism :)

I can't really strip down much resources from Nero. Only some legacy Nero 6 stuff which will shrink 3-4 MB's off. I'll post instructions howto circumvent the Nero 7 file protection mechanism tomorrow. Meaby someone else does know some more stuff that can get removed as well.

Edited by hp38guser

As I said here are the instructions to "crack" the Nero 7.2.7.0 main executable File Protection :)

NOTE: THIS WILL NOT CIRCUMVENT NERO ACTIVATION MECHANISM. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Nero.exe

Replace 
Offset (HEX) 1423FF : 7518
With
Offset (HEX) 1423FF : 7418

I will include this hack in next version of Nero Lite (probably 7.5) to remove some old Nero 6 stuff from the executable, and to remove the Nero 7 splashscreen, which further reduces the Nero 7 installation footprint AND memory footprint.

Edited by hp38guser

Nero 7 Lite is a full functional Burning Software Suite including:

Nero Burning Rom <-- the best one

Nero Express <--- can this removed too?

Nero CoverDesigner <--- can u please remove this too?

Nero WaveEditor <--- please remove this too

Nero Toolkit <--- remove this

also included in Nero 7 Lite:

MauSau Audio Plugins <-- can u please explain why this plugin?i dont know it

Complete Nero Help <- think can removed too.

that will be very nice if we have a nero burning rom with only the burning things and not the unessesary stuff like the help file or express. it is only another view. maybe u can add the update checker where we can put the serial no and check for updates.

Hi hp38guser!

First off, thank you very much for this great project! :thumbup

Yes, shrinking the package size sounds promising, and as Hanschke already wrote, I think quite a few users can do without Nero Express, Cover Designer and Wave Editor.

Yesterday, I stumbled across another suggestion here. I haven't looked at it for lack of time, but the given filesize of 17 megs sounds quite alluring. :rolleyes:

So keep up the great work, mate!

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Mikka

Edit: Sorry for the URI, posting has been revised.

Edited by Mikka

@Mikka

from ur link

Contains the following :

Nero Burning Rom

Nero Express

Nero Audio Plugins

Nero VideoCD Support

hmm think it is ok to have videocd support or dvd burning support but no one will remove this on burning rom or? or is that another thing? inside these release the express can removed too i think and it will become much smaller.

i need a burning application for burning/making iso cd/dvd or audio or mp3/ data cd/dvd or burning movies with it. no cutting files or so. a burning suit and maybe we can reach this with the lite project :)

Nero 7 Lite is a full functional Burning Software Suite including:

Nero Burning Rom <-- the best one

Nero Express <--- can this removed too?

Nero CoverDesigner <--- can u please remove this too?

Nero WaveEditor <--- please remove this too

Nero Toolkit <--- remove this

also included in Nero 7 Lite:

MauSau Audio Plugins <-- can u please explain why this plugin?i dont know it

Complete Nero Help <- think can removed too.

that will be very nice if we have a nero burning rom with only the burning things and not the unessesary stuff like the help file or express. it is only another view. maybe u can add the update checker where we can put the serial no and check for updates.

As I told already many times I put these stuff in cause it is functional. Otherwise just use the Windows XP internal burning software to burn your cds.

I also offered the Micro edition which contains only Nero Burning Rom / Express, without removing functionallity.

Mikka, remove links to warez please. I don't want to associate Nero 7 Lite with the warez scene. P.S. The link to that package contains Nero 7 Micro :realmad:

Edited by hp38guser

Hi,

TNX hp38guser for this how to.

In my UA WinXP DVD i'm giving the alternative installation for English or French version nearly for all appz.

As i'm looking to save space in UA DVD, Do I have to have both Nero Lite En and Fr (2 x 38MB)?

Or, is there a specific language file(s) to update?

Regards

coucou