[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

UPDATE: Nero 7 patch 1.1.0.3 [Only Micropack is UPDATED]

- Added IsoFS.dll to Nero 7 Micro. Nero 7 Lite has the same problem. Please select Nero API for install for now.

- Registration of Nero dll files now handled by InnoSetup. Added workaround in 7.0.8.2, because Setup locked sometimes. However in Nero 7.2.0.3 this issue seems to be solved.

If anyone has trouble with it please report. If all ok, I'll update Nero 7 Lite version also. Major advantage of this is that you can install Nero in other than default directory without problems.

I've downloaded your micro version, now where can I update it with this patch for Multi-Session burning?

I ment revision in stead of patch. Was a bit late last night. You should be fine now using the Micro pack. When you rightclick the file in Windows Explorer you can find the File version of the Setup.

The revision system works as follows:

1.x.y.z

x = New version of Nero 7

y = Major rewrite of Nero installer

z = Minor update to Nero installer

thanx for replying, I've checked my version which was 1.1.0.2, do you recommend me to re-download?

big thanks hp38guser! very nice.

but now i have a huge request:

would you be willing to make a short guide on modifying the nero installer?

i pretty much got it down, except i can't see anywhere in the installer where those cab files are referenced. how do i know which cabs go to which components?

I agree. I'm one of those "has to stay updated" people. I would love to know how to make the micro installer myself. I could probably do it myself, just a guide would be a lot nicer (not even a guide, just some directions would be nice). Plz... :hello::P:unsure::whistle:

Edit: Can anyone explain why, when I enter my LEGIT, RETAIL Premium edition serial number, it spits out this error:

The serial number you have entered is a valid Nero serial, but
is not valid for this application.

I'm using the English Nero Micro package.

Edit2: Nevermind. It seems, silently installing the micro package and then running the program won't accept my key. Adding the key straight into the registry on the other hand and it'll work like a charm...

How strange. :S

I too would LOVE a guide on how you did this... And on the upside, it would alleviate the constant requests fo customized versions of your pack.

I would LOVE a version with recode, and having a guide on how you managed this superhuman effort would allow me to do it myself... along with making me a VERY happy guy.

Thank you sooo much for your wonderful work here hp38guser, and thanks in advance if you DO decide to do a guide... ;)

good work, however I'm stranded here performing this command:

Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="nero_core,nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool,nero_coverdes"
as well as
Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="nero_core,nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool,nero_coverdes" /LANG="German"

installs nero with the desired modules, but every time in english language :(

just executing

Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT
installs fine in german

by the way: even if nero is installed without this virusscanner-component, the installer creates a lot of these DRWxxxxx.VDB & DRWxxxxx.TXT files

Edited by swgreed

good work, however I'm stranded here performing this command:
Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="nero_core,nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool,nero_coverdes"

as well as

Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="nero_core,nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool,nero_coverdes" /LANG="German"
installs nero with the desired modules, but every time in english language :(

just executing

Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT
installs fine in german

by the way: even if nero is installed without this virusscanner-component, the installer creates a lot of these DRWxxxxx.VDB & DRWxxxxx.TXT files

Hi your problems are caused since you specified components silently. Currently it's not possible to fine-tune unattended setup options.

If you don't want Anti-Virus installed you should not select nero_core by itself

try this

Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool,nero_coverdes"

Hmm, some bug into the LAnguage select system. I see default language is not selected if you don't specify to install Nero Burning Rom Help or Nero Burning Rom Express Help. I'll try to fix it for next build. Here is the workaround.

Nero-7.2.0.3b_deu_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS="nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_toolkit\nero_infotool,nero_coverdes,nero_lang\german"

Edited by hp38guser

Hello and thanks for that great release...

I downloaded the latest french version and that works very good...

There 's a little problem anyway, in fact the labelflash button in Nero isn't visible in Nero.

In Coverdesigner there is a Lightscribe option in the file menu but nothing about labelflash...

Can you fix that, or explain me what's wrong...

Thanks

just to let you know, I am still experiencing the mp3 skipping with 7.2.0.3b. In fact, I don't know if the previous fix worked either cause I tried going back to it and no dice.

I am also seeing the following error. I cannot change my toolbar view settings (see attached). I am downloading the full version of Nero to see if the problem still exists.

Here's how I have it installing:

Nero-7.2.0.3b_eng_lite.exe /VERYSILENT /LANG="English" /COMPONENTS="nero_core,nero_toolkit\nero_cdspeed,nero_toolkit\nero_cdspeed\cdspeed_help= Nero CD-DVD Speed Help,nero_toolkit\nero_drivespeed = Nero Drive Speed,nero_core\nero_videocd,nero_core\nero_audioplugins\mausau,nero_core\nero_audioplugins,nero_core\nero_api"

[EDIT]

Nvm, it exists in Nero full as well. I figured it out though. It's now under the Customize menu. There is a reg key it writes

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-xxxxxxxxx\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\ENU_Settings\BCGToolbarParameters\LargeIcons: 0x00000000

the xxxxx's of course represent my long user ID but I am pretty sure this is NOT universal. Is there a way that I can make sure this gets applied on a machine level?

[/EDIT]

[EDIT 2]

NVM! Found the 'master' key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\ENU_Settings\BCGToolbarParameters\LargeIcons

[/EDIT2]

post-27892-1150384002_thumb.jpg

Edited by redfive19

Hello and thanks for that great release...

I downloaded the latest french version and that works very good...

There 's a little problem anyway, in fact the labelflash button in Nero isn't visible in Nero.

In Coverdesigner there is a Lightscribe option in the file menu but nothing about labelflash...

Can you fix that, or explain me what's wrong...

Thanks

Since I don't have a Labelflash or Lightscribe drive in my system I can't test these. When a Lightscribe or Labelflash drive is detected in Nero it should add an extra button in the Menu Bar.

just to let you know, I am still experiencing the mp3 skipping with 7.2.0.3b. In fact, I don't know if the previous fix worked either cause I tried going back to it and no dice.

I am also seeing the following error. I cannot change my toolbar view settings (see attached). I am downloading the full version of Nero to see if the problem still exists.

Mp3 skipping problem is still there? You're the first to report using 7.2.0.3b. Make sure you have mp3Pro.dll properly installed (version 2.0.5.2).

You could try to revert to mp3Pro.dll version 2.0.4.7 and see if the problem disappears.

I'll look into the toolbar settings problem.

;Registratration for Windows X64

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]

"User"=""

"Company"=""

"Serial"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Hi ddShadow,

does Nero 7 Lite actually install and work properly on Windows XP x64?

What about this registry key. Does Nero Lite Setup not register the product with the name and serial given?

Nero Lite installs with no problems and it works perfect on Windows x64. If i didnt use sillent install mode and i myself input the user name and password they ware stored like i posted.

Almost all 32-bit programs that use registration values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE must be relocated in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ iven if they are x64 compatible they are not 64-bit programs (just drivers are 64-bit).

P.S. When will u do Slovenian pack pls im waiting for it :D

Edited by --=ddSHADOW=--