[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

Ok, I have decided:

No need to add Nero CoverDesigner or Nero Toolkit to Micro pack. Lite edition will do for those people.

I won't remove basic audio/s-videocd support. Without this you won't have a multimedia burning application anymore.

Note this doesn't include MauSau audio plugins.

Removing 9x-support hardly saves 300KB on the installer, not very interesting.

Uploaded the build: http://hp38guser.djsleepy.co.uk/nerolite/N....0.3b_micro.exe (15.5 MB)

P.S. No localized versions of the Micro build.

Edited by hp38guser

big thanks hp38guser! very nice.

but now i have a huge request:

would you be willing to make a short guide on modifying the nero installer?

i pretty much got it down, except i can't see anywhere in the installer where those cab files are referenced. how do i know which cabs go to which components?

Hi,

Is it possible that the labelflash editor is ripped in this release ? Because it says "editor not found".

Problem is acknowledged. It's because of missing CoverEdCtrl.ocx.

UPDATE: Nero 7 Lite v7.2.0.3b rev 1.0.2 April 30th 2006

+Added CoverEdCtrl.ocx (Labelflash support)

UPDATE: Swedish build of Nero 7 Lite added!

:hello:

hi, the CoverEdCtrl.ocx doesn't get registered if you don't use the default installation directory. In fact there are many missing file errors when you try to use any non-default install directory, because the InnoSetup piles a few files into the default regardless of the user's preference.

To get the Disc T@2 working I just copied the CoverEdCtrl.ocx file into my Nero 7 dir and did regsvr CoverEdCtrl.ocx and now it works fine.

Hi,

Is it possible that the labelflash editor is ripped in this release ? Because it says "editor not found".

Problem is acknowledged. It's because of missing CoverEdCtrl.ocx.

UPDATE: Nero 7 Lite v7.2.0.3b rev 1.0.2 April 30th 2006

+Added CoverEdCtrl.ocx (Labelflash support)

UPDATE: Swedish build of Nero 7 Lite added!

:hello:

hi, the CoverEdCtrl.ocx doesn't get registered if you don't use the default installation directory. In fact there are many missing file errors when you try to use any non-default install directory, because the InnoSetup piles a few files into the default regardless of the user's preference.

To get the Disc T@2 working I just copied the CoverEdCtrl.ocx file into my Nero 7 dir and did regsvr CoverEdCtrl.ocx and now it works fine.

Thanks for noticing. The problem is acknowledged. The problem lies in when I try to register dll files from within InnoSetup. Sometimes the progress hangs. So I took it out and added manual regsvr32 commands.

I haven't tested this on Nero 7.2.0.3b yet. If registering works fine with newer dlls I'll remove the workaround.

Thanks for Micro version, but a question.. new ultrabuffer feature is there or not?

AFAIK Nero's UltraBuffer functionality is there :)

UPDATE: 05/31/06

New localizations available:

Chinese (Traditional) by xdriftdoll

Slovak by joeyeti

Thank you for your translations :hello:

Nero 7 Lite is now available in 15 languages.

Translation of Nero 7 Lite is now only left for:

Chinese (Simplified)

Czech

Danish

Finnish

Greek

Japanese

Korean

Slovenian

Edited by hp38guser

Does anyone know the link to be able to download all the additional packs that were left out of the lite pack, i checked the nero website but im able to find them. Anyone able to help out?

TIA :D

big thanks hp38guser! very nice.

but now i have a huge request:

would you be willing to make a short guide on modifying the nero installer?

i pretty much got it down, except i can't see anywhere in the installer where those cab files are referenced. how do i know which cabs go to which components?

I agree. I'm one of those "has to stay updated" people. I would love to know how to make the micro installer myself. I could probably do it myself, just a guide would be a lot nicer (not even a guide, just some directions would be nice). Plz... :hello::P:unsure::whistle:

Edit: Can anyone explain why, when I enter my LEGIT, RETAIL Premium edition serial number, it spits out this error:

The serial number you have entered is a valid Nero serial, but
is not valid for this application.

I'm using the English Nero Micro package.

Edit2: Nevermind. It seems, silently installing the micro package and then running the program won't accept my key. Adding the key straight into the registry on the other hand and it'll work like a charm...

How strange. :S

Edited by Denney

Please forgive what may be a stupid question from a learning nOOb. But what is used to read this?

CODEWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"User"="YourUserNameHere"
"Company"="YourCompanyNameHere"
"Serial"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

I have tried various applications with no luck. I can't seem to open Nero at all........Thanks for any help!

that is code from a windows registry file.

a .reg file.

you double-click on it and windows should ask you if you want to insert that data to the registry.

you say yes, and in this particular exaple, you would add licence info for nero.

but in your example, you should remove the first 4 chars: "CODE". that doesn't belong there.

and you should replace the data there with your own name, company and serial number.

you edit that text with a ordinary text editor. but you have to save it with .reg extension, not .txt

hope that helps.