[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

This IS Nero Lite, meant as a burning program... not a program that makes your dvd's play.

kinda strange if dvdplayback would depend on the burning software..

the DSFilters have been removed since they are not neccessary and just steal associations from already installed filters/codecs.

there are lots of better dvddecoders (free) out there.

This IS Nero Lite, meant as a burning program... not a program that makes your dvd's play.

the DSFilters have been removed since they are not neccessary and just steal associations from already installed filters/codecs.

Thank you ZileXa :rolleyes:

BTW, a reminder. If you would like to help translating Nero Lite please contact me. It's really not hard work.

Edited by hp38guser

I know there are other decoders out there but then thats just one more thing I have to install. Also I really don't see much difference from nero 6.6 to 7 cept a flashier interface and nero 6.6 is smaller in size even compared to this lite version... So, I could either use this larger version with no extra, infact less cuz of no dvd playback, functionality, or just go back to 6.6. not to say that this isn't a good release, becuase it is, it's more Ahead's problem. I just don't understand why they don't release a lite burning only version on thier own that's around 15-20 MB's, I mean there has gotta be a market out there for it.

Edited by godan

personally, I do not see the advantage of making an add-on and integrate with Nlite, it will still go through the install proces... so actually it makes no difference if you just install with RunOnceEx?

BTW, a reminder. If you would like to help translating Nero Lite please contact me. It's really not hard work.

uhm, can't you just use the language packs?

Edited by ZileXa

here is the way i have made a lite installation of nero 7082 nice and easy

it's something like tempuser's way from the nero 7054 topic but a little differend

doubleclick the Nero-7.0.8.2_eng_no_yt.exe and wait for the screen that you should click next

click cancel and copy the folder from %temp% then edit THIS msi before u do the admin install

with installshield or a shimilar prog

remove anything you dont want to be installed from inside the msi add your serial etc

save it and then make the admin install from the modified msi

this will give you a folder that has only the things you left in the msi to be installed

7zip it and add in the config.txt only /qb /norestart switches and nothing more and you're done

personally, I do not see the advantage of making an add-on and integrate with Nlite, it will still go through the install proces... so actually it makes no difference if you just install with RunOnceEx?

uhm, can't you just use the language packs?

I still need some parts of the Setup Wizards to get translated and some other strings from the setup. I won't bring out incomplete packages.

here is the way i have made a lite installation of nero 7082 nice and easy

it's something like tempuser's way from the nero 7054 topic but a little differend

doubleclick the Nero-7.0.8.2_eng_no_yt.exe and wait for the screen that you should click next

click cancel and copy the folder from %temp% then edit THIS msi before u do the admin install

with installshield or a shimilar prog

remove anything you dont want to be installed from inside the msi add your serial etc

save it and then make the admin install from the modified msi

this will give you a folder that has only the things you left in the msi to be installed

7zip it and add in the config.txt only /qb /norestart switches and nothing more and you're done

Your method is useful if you also need Nero Vision, or other Nero tools. However if you only use Nero for Burning Purposes you are best out with the Nero Lite installer.

I had posted this earlier in this thread before it started to get so long.

Is there a reg entry or any way to add a Quick Launch icon???? Tried a number of things and read much but have found no solution, thanks.

I had posted this earlier in this thread before it started to get so long.

Is there a reg entry or any way to add a Quick Launch icon???? Tried a number of things and read much but have found no solution, thanks.

Current Nero Lite doesn't provide an option for Quicklaunch Icon yet. Meaby I'll add it in.

Edited by hp38guser