RunOnceEx

NikV2005

My Runonceex.cmd calls by cmdlines (

[COMMANDS]

"RunOnceEx.cmd")

Acrobat, k-lite, acdsee8, symantec9, msoffice - RAR-sfx archives with some added comments:

Path=.\%temp%

Setup=%temp%\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=options.MST /qb- (for example)

Overwrite=1

Silent=1

Other (winrar,1C) - msi packages.

When runonceex starts, winrar,1C,k-lite,acrobat install ok, but other rar-sfx archives(acdsee8,symantec9,msoffice) doesn't install (They only extract to %temp% folder ).

I think there is some limits for number of commands in one line of runonceex :unsure:

Need help :)

RunOnceEx.cmd

Try this WinRAR comment

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=options.MST /qb-
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

I assume that the Office2003 folder is in the archive.

Try this WinRAR comment

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=options.MST /qb-
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

I assume that the Office2003 folder is in the archive.

Yes, you are right, but my problem isn't it. (comments for office sfx archive - only example)

I mean that runonce doesn't wait execution of setup.exe (or setup.cmd or something else) after rar-sfx will be extracted, and processing the next line (next registry key in runonceex.cmd).

I need to some pause (previos command must be fully complete) befor next commands will be executed.

How can i do it ???

you could try using "start /wait app /switches" with a separate .cmd file to launch your installs. e.g.

in RunOnceEx: add .... etc ... winrar.cmd

then make winrar.cmd with: start /wait winrar.exe /switches

the problem is that you messed up your cmds for installing off of the cd you kinda mixed the two diffent methods. try this instead

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SetLocal enableextensions
SET CDROM=%~d0

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Configure OS settings" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "WinRaR 3.51 rus" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\winrar\winrar.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Acrobat Reader 7.0.5 rus" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\Acrobat_reader\Acrobat705.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "ACDSee 8.0 rus" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\Acdsee8\Acdsee8.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "K-Lite codecs full" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\k-lite\k-lite.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Symantec antivirus 9" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\SAV\sav.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "MS Office 2003 sp2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\Office2003.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "1C company 7.7.025" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\1c\1C_Company.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Fix Regional settings..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\regopts.cmd" /f

EndLocal

EXIT

EDIT: and I would also take MHz's advice and cleanup your installers too.

Edited by godan

you could try using "start /wait app /switches" with a separate .cmd file to launch your installs. e.g.

in RunOnceEx: add .... etc ... winrar.cmd

then make winrar.cmd with: start /wait winrar.exe /switches

I' tryed it. And...no effect :)

For example,Acdsee8.exe - rar-sfx archive with contains two msi files and one cmd which starts in series this msi's with start/wait switch.

Runonce doesn't wait until cmd file will executes all two msi's, he go to next line and starts to execute next command(k-lite pack).

Aha? I am not sure I understand fully what you do and what goes wrong.For example: from you attached file ...

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\Acdsee8\Acdsee8.exe" /f

What I now understand is that for example this line will extract your sfx just fine, but what goes wrong is that RunOnceEx processes the next line after the archive has been extracted. It doesn't wait until the extracted installer has actually been installed?

What I meant is you could try to use this instead

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\Acdsee8\Acdsee8.cmd" /f

Where inside Acdsee8.cmd you use the start /wait to control the order i.e. run sfx, then installer, then options, then etc and finally hand back control to RunOnceEx when everything has been done. Is this what you tried and it didn't work? If so, then I'm sorry to hear it didn't help.

the problem is that you messed up your cmds for installing off of the cd you kinda mixed the two diffent methods. try this instead
cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

EndLocal

EXIT

EDIT: and I would also take NikV2005's advice and cleanup your installers too.

I tryed it. MSoffice still continued own installation after closing runonce window(installation completed successfully).

Acdsee and SymantecAV don't want install again :(

What I now understand is that for example this line will extract your sfx just fine, but what goes wrong is that RunOnceEx processes the next line after the archive has been extracted. It doesn't wait until the extracted installer has actually been installed?

Yes, you understand me.

Sorry for my misunderstanding (I mean this: runonce -> rar-sfx -> cmd(with /wait switch) -> msi -> runonce) :)

I will try your way now and post the results some later (runonce -> cmd(with /wait switch) -> rar-sfx-> msi -> runonce) :)

Guys,

Whilst I've been struggling with overcoming slipstreaming/update problems post Office2003 SP2, I discovered Office2003 will not install using the /qb- /qb /qb+ switches unless its a corporate license. So, if you've not got this, you can't run setup silently.

If you want to check whether this is the error, run your setup line without the /qb- switch - if this is the error, you should now get an error message telling you don't have the right version. This still hasn't solved my inability to update Office2003 post SP2 but (*hopefully*) it will fix your office2003 installation issues. Your transform should still work and you can chain install updates by modifying the setup.ini file.

SRJ.

Guys,

Whilst I've been struggling with overcoming slipstreaming/update problems post Office2003 SP2, I discovered Office2003 will not install using the /qb- /qb /qb+ switches unless its a corporate license. So, if you've not got this, you can't run setup silently.

If you want to check whether this is the error, run your setup line without the /qb- switch - if this is the error, you should now get an error message telling you don't have the right version. This still hasn't solved my inability to update Office2003 post SP2 but (*hopefully*) it will fix your office2003 installation issues. Your transform should still work and you can chain install updates by modifying the setup.ini file.

SRJ.

Sorry, but my problem not in office(it executes fine).

My problem is RUNONCEEX.(See first post)

Where inside Acdsee8.cmd you use the start /wait to control the order i.e. run sfx, then installer, then options, then etc and finally hand back control to RunOnceEx when everything has been done. Is this what you tried and it didn't work? If so, then I'm sorry to hear it didn't help.

Too bad. I crated ACDsee8.cmd and wrote it into runonce.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\applications\Acdsee8\Acdsee8.cmd" /f

Acdsee8.cmd:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i:

cd /d %cdrom%\APPLICATIONS\Acdsee8

start /wait Acdsee8.exe

exit

Acdsee.exe content: Acdsee.msi, Acdsee_rus.msi, setup.bat.

SFX comments:Path=.\%temp%

Setup=%temp%\Acdsee8\setup.bat

Overwrite=1

Silent=1

setup.bat:

cd /d %temp%\Acdsee8

start /realtime /wait ACDSee_Pro.msi /passive

start /realtime /wait ACDSee_rus.msi /passive

exit

When opening cmd window (Acdsee8.cmd) and starting extracting rar-sfx (Acdsee8.exe) runonce don't wait execution of ACDsee.msi and go to next commands :(

when you use

SET CDROM=%~d0

EndLocal

you have to do it in your .cmd files too that call programs from your install cd. so you have to do this

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET CDROM=%~d0

cd /d %cdrom%\APPLICATIONS\Acdsee8
start /wait Acdsee8.exe

EndLocal

exit