HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

This means that, if I use Windows XP SP2, I should remove the old variable INCWMPCSKIN and replace it with the new INCALLSKINS?

Or INCALLSKINS has an highest priority than INCWMPCSKIN?

It has a higher priority: if you set both to "1" then only INCALLSKINS will be taken into account since there's no need to copy the Classic skin twice.

Just note that all HFSLIP does is copy them over into the skins folder. Whether or not they are compatible with WMP 9, 10 or 11 is something else.

At this point I'm more interested in comments on the "alternate input folders" feature. At the current rate of interest it won't make it into the final...

Perhaps if I understood their intended purpose...

This feature is mainly for people who don't have a lot of disk space but wish to create different outputs. Instead of creating --say-- five HFSLIP working folders each containing a copy of the CD source, you can now have five working folders with only one containing the CD source. The FDVFILES, HF, HFCABS, HFCLEANUP and HFTOOLS folders are also cumulative (they only exist in the "main" working folder alongside the source). FIX, HFEXPERT, HFSVCPACK, HFSVCPACK_SW and HFGUIRUNONCE can exist in both the main working dir as well as in any alternate working folder you create. Edited by Tomcat76

At this point I'm more interested in comments on the "alternate input folders" feature. At the current rate of interest it won't make it into the final...

Bad timing means I will not have time to test this until next week, but that said I like the concept and it would be of great use. I am currently maintaining 7 different builds buy making copies of all the HF supporting folders and copying them into a HF main folder to make the build, basically a manual process of similar to what you are attempting to automate. In a nutshell, good idea I like it.

@TC

I would like to ask a big favor. Would you make me a "personalized" version of 1.2.2 with additional comments for "IF EXIST filname" blocks at the following places:

:HFBLOAT

:POSTHFX

the INFCREATORS

and SVCPACK

It would be a great help to know what those processings are exactly.

Edited by whitehorses

Bug Report: I just wanted to make the IE7 executable with all updates, and for some reason modifyPE is required. I'll put modifyPE in HFTOOLS to bypass the error.

the_guy

EDIT: Maybe I should've read the information better. Why is modifyPE needed anyway?

Edited by the_guy

If IE7 hotfixes are found in the HF folder, a new IE7 installer is created in which those hotfixes are slipstreamed. This is done with iexpress.exe, but Windows setup won't allow the output file to be copied over from CD to the hard disk if it isn't modifyPE'd first.

ModifyPE is only really needed if doing a non-SVCPACK install (not specifying IE7SVCPACK=1) of the newly created IE7 installer but I decided to keep things more simple by making it a prerequisite either way.

Thanks Tomcat.

Also, for some reason HFSLIP wanted to extract and recompress driver.cab. Is there any way that driver compression can be skipped over if no files need to go into the driver file and selected compression method is A?

the_guy