HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Simply I don't know :)

It is in my laptop business laptop with a premaked iso image, however if you search that file with google there are many entries...

The exact directory where it is C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\Manifests\x86_Microsoft.MSXML2R_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.1.0.0_x-ww_29c3ad6a.cat

If you want I upload it tomorrow morning or I can email you if you want

OK. The folders are capitalized as well as the cab files that HFSLIP updates.
thanks! :)

(unrelated: look at my avatar ... ain't that a nice bis smile :P S-M also has his now ... TC & TP, how about yours ... oh just for fun? ;) )

Edited by Kiki Burgh

This is a zip with these cat files:

msxmlx.cat

x86_Microsoft.MSXML2_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.20.9818.0_x-ww_8ff50c5d.cat

x86_Microsoft.MSXML2_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.20.9839.0_x-ww_ed80bd5c.cat

x86_Microsoft.MSXML2R_6bd6b9abf345378f_4.1.0.0_x-ww_29c3ad6a.cat

msxmlx.CAT (this is in another directory)

Only a question, these files are found in my business laptop at work, it has Windows XP Professional in English language, do you think that these cat files works with Italian version or not?

Cat_files.zip

Edited by S3pHiroTh

A question about the latest version of hfslip, I have read that, now, it can install at first logon .msi files, can hfslip install .exe files? Or need to be implemented?

http://hfslip.org/howto.html step 5

Ok, this for me is unuseful, because if I put the .netfx 2.0 exe installer (silent installer download on ryanvm site), it doesn't install, (because that method doesn't install at first logon, but at T-13 of Windows installation), so I have asked. Someone else can told me how to do that?

Thanks a lot

Has the MCE support been dropped!? :(
Not dropped... A newer version will be released if it actually fixes the problems.
A question about the latest version of hfslip, I have read that, now, it can install at first logon .msi files, can hfslip install .exe files? Or need to be implemented?
It depends on the type. Microsoft Type 1 and Type 2 hotfixes are generally supported (provided that the Type 1 hotfix has the word "Windows" in its name); these go in the HF folder. Executables that need to be installed with the /Q:A /R:N switches go in HFSVCPACK_SW (with special care for WMP10 if you prefer to place it in this folder). Executables found in HFSVCPACK will be installed without switches so this folder is best used for silent/switchless installers; "normal" executables can also be placed in this folder but then you'll have to follow their installation wizard during Windows setup.

Ok, this for me is unuseful, because if I put the .netfx 2.0 exe installer (silent installer download on ryanvm site), it doesn't install, (because that method doesn't install at first logon, but at T-13 of Windows installation), so I have asked. Someone else can told me how to do that?
RyanVM mentions that his .NET 2.0 installer can't be installed at T-13. There are several posts here about alternative switchless .NET 2.0 installers which CAN be installed at T-13.

RyanVM mentions that his .NET 2.0 installer can't be installed at T-13. There are several posts here about alternative switchless .NET 2.0 installers which CAN be installed at T-13.

I have tried to download Aserone's Net Installer, but the link doesn't work anymore... I have searched on web but I can't find another installer that work at T-13. Can you tell me where I can download it?

Where can I put the language packs for net framework in hfslip (both 1.1 and 2.0)?

EDIT: Another news, if I slipstream WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ITA.exe, after I have installed Windows, Windows Update tell me that KB929969 update isn't installed, but, if I slipstream IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-ita.exe, Windows Update doesn't tell me to install KB929969 hotfix. I attach my log (with IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-ita.exe update)

HFSLIP.TXT

Edited by S3pHiroTh

I see in your log file that you are including IE7. WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ITA.exe is only for IE6 so it's normal that Windows Update complains.

.NET as well as the language packs are not supported directly. I don't know of silent installers that combine everything, but you can make a full .NET 1.1 package including the language pack yourself with some script I wrote a long time ago.

I can't seem to find another .NET 2.0 silent installer anymore either (at least not one that's up to date).