HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Hi tommyp,

HFSlip is awesome n I've been trying the old 1.7.9 beta m (6 June) n it's fantastic. I don't have to put the hotfixes in HFSVCPACK_SW1 anymore :)

I've been modifying the old 1.7.9.m a bit to slipstream XAudio2 from DirectX 9 since [PROTOTYPE] needs it. I've tested it n it's been good so far.

I thought it would be nice to include this bit of code which I stole from HFSlip 2.0 into your new version

In :DX9EXTRA section on line 2121 I put

IF EXIST HFCABS\*XAudio_x86.cab FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B/A-D/ON HFCABS\*XAudio_x86.cab') DO EXPAND HFCABS\%%I -F:* WORK\DX9EXTRA >NUL

then on line 2155 I put

IF EXIST WORK\DX9EXTRA\XAPOFX*.dll FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2 DELIMS=_" %%I IN ('DIR/B/ON/L WORK\DX9EXTRA\XAPOFX*.dll') DO (
REN "WORK\DX9EXTRA\%%I_%%J" %%I%%J
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I%%J = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,%%I_%%J&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%I%%J
)
IF EXIST WORK\DX9EXTRA\XAudio*.dll FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2* DELIMS=io" %%I IN ('DIR/B/ON WORK\DX9EXTRA\XAudio*.dll') DO (
REN "WORK\DX9EXTRA\%%Iio%%J" %%I%%J
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I%%J = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,%%Iio%%J&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%I%%J
ECHO>>WORK\RGSVRWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ZZB","!HFDX!",0,"%%11%%\regsvr32 /s """%%11%%\%%Iio%%J""""
SET /A HFDX=!HFDX!+1
)

I have Windows XP SP3 slipstream n will do another slipstream with ur beta in 2 days time n let u know how I go.

P.S. is there such thing as XPSP3.EXT for HFCLEANUP? I've been using XPSP2.EXT n rename it as XPSP3.EXT... not too sure whether it actually does anything for me.

Edited by gluon

gluon - Kudos for the code contribution. I'll roll in your request in in a day or two. I'd like to hear results from the installer v4.5 first though. I wanted to do any bugfixes and I can add your contribution at the same time.

Hello tommyp,

New beta is re-posted that slipstreams the Macrosoft Installer v4.5. Slipstreaming this is only possible using a XP OS and slipstreaming XP. Or in other words, you can't slipstream an XP source using a 2k host OS. Why? The installer is not extractable via a commandline switch in a 2000 host os.

Please post constructive criticism. I have not tested this beta in an xp host os.

Ok, just found the time for a quick test (no changes in my input files except removal of the HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\mui\<LANG>\msimsg.mui file as this should be handled by hfslip now).

Sorry to say, but that failed. Still had the old Windows installer after setup (even broken in my configuration as I slipstreamed an updated msi.dll 4.5.something), with all files having version 3.1.something.

Looking at the code, without understanding too much of that batch language: sure it should read "IF NOT" instead of simply "IF" at the beginning of line 506? Seems to me that the logic is simply inversed here...

No time now to change it and re-test, but if you confirm that this is the problem, I start another attempt tomorrow. Otherwise something else is broken, obviously preventing that the MSI 4.5 slipstreaming is performed at all.

Regards,

Tomalak

...sure it should read "IF NOT" instead of simply "IF" at the beginning of line 506? Seems to me that the logic is simply inversed here...

Yep, you're right, but it was the thought that counted. lol. New beta rev o posted. Added in gluon's contribution too.

...sure it should read "IF NOT" instead of simply "IF" at the beginning of line 506? Seems to me that the logic is simply inversed here...

Yep, you're right, but it was the thought that counted. lol. New beta rev o posted. Added in gluon's contribution too.

;) Meanwhile tried, in contrary to my words above (who needs sleep anyway? Note to myself: don't be that impatient), previous version "n" with corrected logic.

Works almost perfectly now, except one problem: the 'msimsg.dll.mui' was copied to system32\mui\1031, and not system32\mui\0407. Seems that the hex value is required here, not the decimal one...

;) Meanwhile tried, in contrary to my words above (who needs sleep anyway? Note to myself: don't be that impatient), previous version "n" with corrected logic.

Works almost perfectly now, except one problem: the 'msimsg.dll.mui' was copied to system32\mui\1031, and not system32\mui\0407. Seems that the hex value is required here, not the decimal one...

In my case it seems to be copied to "system32\mui\1033" instead of 1031. Prolly because I got English source.

The XAudio2 won't slipstream with version o, I think it's missing this snippet which suppose to grab and extract XAudio CABs

IF EXIST HFCABS\*XAudio_x86.cab FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B/A-D/ON HFCABS\*XAudio_x86.cab') DO EXPAND HFCABS\%%I -F:* WORK\DX9EXTRA >NUL

I insert it after line 2141 to make it work.

msimsg.dll.mui seems to be fixed in the oct12a version, it is now installed in "\system32\mui\0409" (US English)

thanks for the great work tommyp and tomalak for testing and reporting

Edit: for my own reference - patched version so XAudio slipstream would work.

how to check: In system32 folder there should be XAudio2_n.dll where n = 0 - 4. If you play [PROTOTYPE] then you would only need to install vcredist2005, otherwise you will see these kind of errors http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/prototype...&pid=942352

Edited by gluon

Hello,

I can confirm that version o (20091012a) works now as desired and slipstreams MSI installer 4.5 perfectly. I was able to install silent packages for DotNet 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 at T-13 (HFSVCPACK_SW1) and Silverlight (HFSVCPACK_SW2 with modified switches) during setup, as well as some regular MSI based software afterwards, all without any problems.

And I also already tested with all new updates from yesterday's patch-day. Again everything okay, no peculiarities.

Hail tommyp! :thumbup

But today I got a new error message during the textmode copy phase (see attached screenshot) - never seen that before. Does not seem related to the updates of yesterday (as no such file is contained within them), although this is the only change I have done to my hfslip input folder. Any idea? Where does this "wpdshext.res" come from? "wpdshext.dll" is the "Portable Devices Shell Extension", I think this is a native part of Windows sources itself and not added by any later patch I think... :wacko:

Does anyone know how to debug such an error ("could not be copied" is not very helpful...)? Thanks!

Regards,

Tomalak

post-86085-1255531316_thumb.png

Edited by Tomalak

Hi!

There's a bug in the latest beta (oct 12). I rebuilt my CDs with yesterday's round of updates and although the slipstreaming goes well, while installing I get an error in the text-based phase of the setup. Setup can't copy the file "wpdshext.res". Even though setup finishes correctly, it is kind of annoying.

I rebuilt using beta m and the error didn't appear.

What gives?

I don't have "wpdshext.res" issue and I'm guessing it's got to do with WMP11 slipstreaming (atm I'm trying to get rid of any WMP). I know it might not help but maybe try to remove the WMP11 from being slipstreamed and see what happen.

There is a bit of a hiccup on MSI 4.5 slipstream, non-fatal but gives "File not found" while slipstreaming.

They're on line 1884, 1888 and 1889.

RD/Q/S TEMP\langspecific
MOVE/Y TXTSETUP.SIF SOURCESS\I386
MOVE/Y DOSNET.INF SOURCESS\I386

I think line 1888 and 1889 are redundant b/c of

ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msimsg.mui = 1,,,,,,,1009,0,0,msimsg.dll.mui &ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msimsg.mui

but I guess to be consistent with the rest of the script it's better to get rid of the stuff in bold.

Here's a screenshot I have, modified the script slightly with a bit of echo and pause.

Sorry, but I DO want wmp11 slipstreamed. Plus, it works just fine with beta m, something got screwed up in beta o...maybe the MSI4.5 code?

All new updates are correctly slipstreamed with beta m.

any ideas?

I got exactly the same. did not change anything in the source directory yet, just ran hfslip-1.7.9_beta_o.cmd instead of hfslip-1.7.9_beta_m.cmd

Only wpdshext files are a .ex_ and a .dl_ (both in I386) but no .re_

the .re_ was there when using 1.7.9_beta_m

Maybe the dutch message is of some use

30atcuv.jpg

Edited by Glowy