HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Hello Friends, here am i again :thumbup

I im having a problem with rootsupd from May: (Atualização para certificados raiz [maio de 2009] (KB931125) and it's not slipstreaming with my windows 2kSP4(PT-BR). It's Supported by hfslip or i'm doing something wrong? My log is attached.

Here the url to the file i'm using

Thanks in advance friends :rolleyes:

HFSLIP.txt

Edited by simbionte

I've seen the roots update not slipstreaming via WU on occasion. After running it manually, I could not isolate any changed files or registry changes, but WU is happy after that. I suppose you can place it into a folder other than HF. I think it goes in sw2.

I've got a strange error but I don't know if it is from the latest version of hfslip because I had a long to time to buit a new iso.

At txt setup when the files are copied i got the message HFGUI.EXE is missing.

Does anyone else has this error?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good Day Friends,

can't integrate "Windows2000-KB971633-x86-ENU.EXE". I try with patch in HF folder without success, and the same in HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder.

In second way patch is installed and exist in add/remove programs, but in windows update there is again, and this time is succesfullly installed :blink: .

I use latest "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_m.cmd"

sorry for my poor english and 10x in advance.

HFSLIP.7z

Edited by pr0fessor

for me, now hfslip is failing completely--it fails to copy anything at all, I just re-downloaded the .zip file and extracted it and ran it, placing all correct items in correct folders-it just won't work at all. it comes up with the error of the not enough memory/hard drive space, etc. but I have over 20Gb free of HDD space and over 3Gb of RAM free, IDK what's going on. I am frustrated now :(

for me, now hfslip is failing completely--it fails to copy anything at all, I just re-downloaded the .zip file and extracted it and ran it, placing all correct items in correct folders-it just won't work at all. it comes up with the error of the not enough memory/hard drive space, etc. but I have over 20Gb free of HDD space and over 3Gb of RAM free, IDK what's going on. I am frustrated now :(

first create folder HFSLIP in root of partition, not in folder for example: d:\hfslip, not d:\new folder\hfslip, put in folder hfslip-1.7.9_beta_m.cmd and run it. then copy other files in created folders...

now for my problem

I try this:

First i installed windows2000 without update. Then i run windows update and install update. Then go to c:\winnt\software distribution\download\ and there is unpacked update. I grab update and make cab:

first create cab.ddf in folder with update:

;*** Sample Source Code MakeCAB Directive file example
;
.OPTION EXPLICIT; Generate errors
.Set CabinetNameTemplate=Sample.cab
.set DiskDirectoryTemplate=CDROM; All cabinets go in a single directory
.Set CompressionType=LZX;** All files are compressed in cabinet files
.Set CompressionMemory=21
.Set UniqueFiles="OFF"
.Set Cabinet=on
.Set DiskDirectory1=SAMPLE
empty.cat
spmsg.dll
spuninst.exe
.Set DestinationDir=update
update\eula.txt
update\kb971633.cat
update\update.exe
update\update.inf
update\update.ver
update\updspapi.dll
.Set DestinationDir=dx9
dx9\quartz.dll

second i run from cmd "makecab /f cab.ddf" and it create sample.cab

third: download MSCF.sfx

and "copy /b MSCF.sfx+sample.CAB Windows2000-KB971633-x86-ENU.exe" from cmd

next: i use Freeware Hex Editor XVI32 and search for update\update.exe in Windows2000-KB971633-x86-ENU.exe

There is hex:20 00 in front of update\update.exe

Changed it to hex:60 00

and now i have Windows2000-KB971633-x86-ENU.exe workinng with installer...

and i put the file in HF folder.

to do this i use help from:

Create a directive file for makecab.exe

Howto: Create sfx cab archive

Freeware Hex Editor XVI32

but patch is not installed again (manual install - with double click work)

sorry for my poor english if i make mistakes :) and 10x

Edited by pr0fessor

pr0fessor - I'm not sure what you're getting at with making your own installers. Your best bet is to just download the dx9 hotfix from microsoft, put it in HF and call it a day :) For the english version, the filename is Windows2000-DirectX9-KB971633-x86-ENU.exe. After running hfslip, I get quartz.dll version 6.5.1.911.

MMDominator88 - Please read the general FAQs on hfslip.org for how to set up the program.

New beta is re-posted that slipstreams the Macrosoft Installer v4.5. Slipstreaming this is only possible using a XP OS and slipstreaming XP. Or in other words, you can't slipstream an XP source using a 2k host OS. Why? The installer is not extractable via a commandline switch in a 2000 host os.

Please post constructive criticism. I have not tested this beta in an xp host os.

Edited by tommyp