HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

As an experiment I extracted occache.dll from the IE7 package and tried to register the file. It worked. There must be something wrong with the file in the IE8 package that it won't register. Perhaps Microsoft will fix it someday :no: A moot point anyways since it apparently has no effect.

Edited by krose

Yeah, maybe "someone" is trying to register that dll and it fails. But it doesn't matter, it works anyway. Just let it go (at least for now)

BTW, I tried beta M with tuesday's round of patches and it works just fine. The only issue is the occache.dll-not-registered-error in setuperr.log.

bye!

occache.dll-not-registered-error in setuperr.log is the fault of IE8 installer. I compared IE7 & IE8 occache.dll and there are differences in the function inside.

Look's like there is nothing much we can do unless MS update the file in IE8. Anyway, I think it relates to ActiveX Cache Folder although I dun know much about this folder's function.

CompareOCCACHE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My problem is my icon of automatic updates is missing on security center. I test on stable version and various beta versions and the problem is the same.

i put my log on attachments. My XP is brazilian version.

Thanks.

HFSLIP.rar

post-90673-1246292657_thumb.png

Edited by mach.doido

It's missing in my Installation too. Anyway, it's completely irrelevant. Plus, I think it's supposed to be missing.

There's a tweak that can make it appear, though.

Edited by jvidal

Hi all,

My problem is my icon of automatic updates is missing on security center.

It could be due to WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe (in HF folder).

Try remove this file and see how it goes.

If confirm this file is the problem, check out Windows Update Agent and see

Cdm.dll

Wuaucpl.cpl

Wuweb.dll

Wuauserv.dll

Wucltui.dll

are the correct version.

That is all I know right now.

I'm testing integration of Windows Installer 4.5 into Windows XP Service Pack 3 Professional using latest HFSLIP. I have removed it from the blocklist and it seems integration is somewhat supported.

The Windows Installer works at T13 as software is installed. Problems I encounter:

Text is missing from all dialog boxes. The MUI files are not copied to the Windows\System32\%langid% directories.

Errors in setuperr.log: msihnd.dll and msisip.dll are not properly signed!

Is anyone working on an update?

UPDATE: the signing error is also found when you install the update manually. So for now I can tell the Windows Installer 4.5 does integrate except for the MUI files.

I have removed Windows Installer from my system due to the file signing problems.

Edited by Acheron