HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

My source has SP3 already. I slipstream IE8, WMP11, all critical HFs, flash, WUA3, wu/mu cabs and it works just fine. Tried pro vol/pro OEM/Home. Works in all cases.

oops, sorry, ain't got it. I slipstreamed XP a while ago. It worked, so i deleted the log.

But there's nothing special in there, i tell you.

Edited by jvidal

You are the only one so far that has said you don't have any errors. There must be something different then with your case. Can you create another slipstreamed xp disc. You don't get errors during setup or any pop ups. You only have errors in setuperr.log.

Well, I did a little experiment last night.

I installed my slipstreamed XP OEM edition on a PC and everything went fine. I did, However, see the "occache.dll error" on the file setuperr.log, but everything works as expected. I thought you guys couldn't install windows or that a window popped-up saying that it couldn't register occache.dll. I haven't had that kind of problem.

BTW, haven't you guys thought that maybe the file occache.dll actually doesn't include the registering procedure (not all dll files include one), So maybe this is not HFSLIP's fault after all?

c ya!

jvidal brings up a very good point. Sometimes dlls can be registered, sometimes they can't. Perhaps someone has the same IE level as you have as on a regular non-hfslip'd machine? If they do, they can test to see if that troublesome dll really is registerable or not.

Well, I tried "regsvr32 occache.dll" and got this answer "Occache.dll was unloaded, but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found".

That's what makes me think this isn't a "registerable" Dll.

Someone already tried it, as well, same result.

I have Occache.dll v 8.0.6001.1872.

I have IE8 which was NOT slipstreamed (I installed it over IE7 some weeks ago)

Running XPSP3 which was installed from a slipstreamed CD that included IE7+WMP11+the other stuff (HF/cabs/wua/etc)

c ya!

Edited by jvidal

Like I said, no pop ups come up with the error. You wot even know it if you slipstream ie8. But if you slipstream ie7 or keep ie6, the desktop icon is messed up. In ie7's case, it's the ie6 icon ok the desktop. The point of this is that this error doesn't exist using the the g/d version of this script. I'm trying to find the common denominator. What you were saying gave different results therefore I wanted to see if it was something specific you were doing. But I willing to bet if you tried slipstreaming ie7 with the k version of the script you would have the same messed up desktop icon and the errr in setuperr.

Something tells me that we'll just have to revert back to the G beta. The changes after G were from rhadamants. I was hoping that the changes made were only for IE8, but apparantly there were some other not-so-nice changes that I didn't catch. When I get some free time, I'll have to re-roll in the changes he suggested and repost a new beta.

Tommy, that means IE8 support will vanish?

Maybe you could leave beta "k" for us who slipstream IE8 and have no problems with it (except the missing "show desktop" icon, which can be easily restored)

Edited by jvidal

@jvidal

Can you create a new slipstream disc and slipstream ie7. Don't install ie8. Look at the desktop ie8 icon. Is it the ie6 icon, and what happens when you double click on it? You aren't really giving a clear answer as to what you have slipstreamed and what errors you have found.

Tommy, that means IE8 support will vanish?

Maybe you could leave beta "k" for us who slipstream IE8 and have no problems with it (except the missing "show desktop" icon, which can be easily restored)

No. Here's the story in short form. I took what rhadamants did in the IE8 thread, trusted that the work was as advertised and used it as the newer beta. Following that, I rolled in the usage agreement changes. Now we're stuck with a script where the old version works for some things, and a new script that works for other things. So, this means I will go back to rev G, and manually put in the things that rhadamants suggested as well as re-roll the usage agreements changes to remake a new rev. So, for now, I am comparing code, line by line. I should be done in a day or two as long as real life doesn't get in the way. Lesson learned - don't trust anyone.

Thats what I did. I compared line by line. As you will see, the different(and problem) comes from the code block right near the middle, which is line 2414. Something in that block is doing something that IE doesn't like, across all IE versions. This is where I've been looking at and plan to have some time today.

I already answered you. Please read carefully.

I'm,not about to re-slipstream a CD again, I'm kinda busy with real life at the moment.

But, like I said, My source is at SP3 already. I slipstreamed WMP11+IE8+WUA3.0+all necessary HFs+WU/MU cabs/Flash/890830.