HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

The reason the Show Desktop icon sometimes fails is that the quicklaunch dir needs to exist or it fails sometimes

When you slipstream a program that installs during T13/has a quicklaunch short you will not notice this error

geigs - please edit your post to zip the hfslip.log instead of full text. Thanks

sabregreen - any luck troubleshooting the IE8? Is it acceptable to call those lines of code ONLY when IE8 is slipstreamed?

Edited by tommyp

@ geigs

Can you check your setuperr.log file in the "Windows" directory? I want to know if there are any errors in there when you slipstream IE8. Also, what kind of windows copy do you have, Volume License or Retail/OEM?

@ tommyp

for that block of code I added IF DEFINED IE8EXE to execute that block and I can get IE6/7 to work. IE8 works but there is still the OLE error in setuperr. Thats why I want to see if geigs is getting the same thing. I created three VM's to test all three versions at once. When I get home tonight I will see if anything is different as I am making small changes to narrow this down. Thanks!

@ geigs

Can you check your setuperr.log file in the "Windows" directory? I want to know if there are any errors in there when you slipstream IE8. Also, what kind of windows copy do you have, Volume License or Retail/OEM?

As i used a Volume License and integrated IE8 also. The only line i added was shown in post 2002.

This is my contents of setuperr.log:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:

GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).

As i used a Volume License and integrated IE8 also. The only line i added was shown in post 2002.

This is my contents of setuperr.log:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:

Perfect. Exactly what I needed. This verifies that the issue is in the code block. Thanks!

sabregreen, I have same error as roadrunner64 in my setuperr.log and am using a OEM version as my source.

whats is this error related to ? is it very serious ?

thanks

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't limited to the Volume License version which allows you to slipstream IE7. I'm not exactly sure what the error is but I'll keep digging. If you slipstream IE7 or keep IE6, you will get that error in setuperr.log, however, the IE icon on the desktop will not function properly.

So I'm still looking into this issue, just been rather limited on time with school and work. But I will keep digging at it.

Edited by sabregreen

Weird, I'm also slipstreaming xpsp3 (vol)+ie8+wmp11 and don't see any of those errors. It works just fine for me (except for the show desktop icon)

Can you zip up your hfslip.log and post it?

Is your source already slipstreamed with sp3 or is hfslip doing it?

Thanks

I am getting the OLE error in setuperr.log too. Retail XP Pro SP3, IE8, HFSLIP 1.7.9 beta_k.

Edit: Don't know if this helps but if I try to register occache.dll manually with the command <regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\occache.dll"> I get the following error message: "C:\Windows\System32\occache.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file can not be registered."

HFSLIP.zip

Edited by krose

From a previous install of windows xp with ie8 slipped streamed, i had noticed that my setuperr.log was empty, but further looking into the setuplog.txt there was this inlcuded towards the end!

05/02/2009 19:22:51.437,d:\xpsp\base\ntsetup\syssetup\ctls.c,444,,SETUP: file to register is C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll...

05/02/2009 19:22:51.531,d:\xpsp\base\ntsetup\syssetup\log.c,133,,Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:

So even if you don't have anything in the setuperr.log, you might want to look at this file too.

pr0fessor - please check to be sure your hard drive has plenty of space and/or proper cd burning media. If it means anything, I have not verified KB888111 on w2k, which could be cause of the whole prob. On a sidenote, you want to consider updating your hotfix list, you have plenty of old ones that are superceded.

Edited by tommyp