HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Feel like running an experiment? Open up the hfslip cmd file with your favorite text editor and look for this line of code:

IF "%Localization%"=="German" SET LCIDD=1031

Add the following after it, save it and re-run hfslip and report back.

IF "%Localization%"=="„¢¢ž¤ ¡á" SET LCIDD=1032

No, It's not working.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone experienced problem with Windows Installer after hfslip-1.7.9_beta_d.cmd on Windows Server 2003 SP2?

Installation process ran smoothly, but then I was forced to install WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe, 'cause none of msi was able to install:

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

Am I missing something?

Thanx

HFSLIPLOG.ZIP

KB942288 is not supported. You can however place it in HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder to be installed at T-13. Should end your problem.

Edited by krose

Thanx for the working tip. The thing is, I never had a problem with Windows Installer in HFSLIP build, but I don't mind to have the latest version installed at T-13.

I was playing with hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f (see attached log) and everything works fine. Great and many thanx to all of you.

I'm unable to integrate 960715 without WU prompting this update, though. Only installing with RunOnceEx helps.

Guys, how do you deal with update 960715?

HFSLIPLOG.ZIP

Edited by Dawid

I apologize that I did not notice that you were working with Server 2003. Don't know how but I did. Well it was late and I was getting sleepy. Anyway, I am using hfslip-1.7.9_beta_d and XP SP3. With WindowsXP-KB960715-x86-ENU.exe in the HF folder, and WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe in the HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder, I get a perfect install. Maybe what you are seeing is related specifically to Server 2003? Hope you can get it sorted out.

Edited by krose

Current version has the following line that appears to be a bug:

ECHO>>HFSLIP.LOG Use of HFSLIP for anything other than personal non-commercial purposes

echo>> is strictly not allowed.

ECHO>>HFSLIP.LOG Copyright© TommyP 2005-2009

Line 3,932 has almost the same bug.

ECHO>>HFSLIP.LOG	Use of HFSLIP for anything other than personal non-commercial purposes 
echo is strictly not allowed.
ECHO>>HFSLIP.LOG Copyright(C) TommyP 2005-2009

I noticed after enabling AHCI my CD-ROM drive letter is moved to after my Removable Flash Drive causing error messages during setup at T13 when HFSLIP.cmd is detecting the drive letter.

I have written a patch for it as you can easily find the drive letter by reading the path.

Replace in the :UPDATEINIT section the following lines:

:UPDATEINIT

ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD FOR %%%%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%%%i:\%MBOOTPATH%I386\SVCPACK (
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD SET HFSLIP=%%%%i:\%MBOOTPATH%I386\
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD SET HFSLIPSVC=%%%%i:\%MBOOTPATH%I386\SVCPACK\
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD )

with these:

ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD 	SET HFSLIP=%%~dp0..\
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD SET HFSLIPSVC=%%~dp0

Another feature request while I'm now experimenting with integrating all driverpacks is to be able to manually specify HFSLIP export directory so I can redirect file copying to another drive. My experiments show a speed increase of about 50% when building a HFSLIP iso.

For example I have my XPSOURCE in C:\HFSLIP\SOURCE. Instead of copying everything to C:\HFSLIP\SOURCESS I have manually changed it to D:\SOURCESS which gives a major performance improvement. On ISO creation the same trick is done as now are files are read from the D: drive and copied back to the C:\HFSLIP directory.

Edited by Acheron

Acheron - Good stuff. Can someone who does network installations test out those lines to see if it works for their environment? I have no problem changing the script, as long as a network installer can verify this.

New beta up to address the dx9 hotfix & software license. Thanks for submitting the dx9 prob Brimborium & thanks to jimmsta for the creative commons agreement.

Edited by tommyp