HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Using the 1.7.9.d i got a bug during install about missing file for unregmp2.exe, the file called WMDRMSDK.DLL is missing

that's bad :(

Said nothing got a corrupted wmp setup's exe.

Edited by theutlass

• 2 weeks later...

I have detected some new problem after integrating KB958687 into my Windows XP SP3 CD.

Everything put into HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\RunOnce is now processed @T9 in stead of after 2nd reboot. The HFSLIPGUI.INF is now called before logon. I don't know if it affects HFSLIP behaviour in anyway but it affects some of my own scripts (Daemon Tools)

I'll workaround it by putting everything in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run and delete the lines afterwards manually.

Edited by Acheron

Which hfslip version are you using? Do you get the same issue without the KB958687 hotfix? Are you using some sort of application add-ons? If so, please retest without it. Nothing was touched with the runonce entries, so I find this a little strange.

New beta released to address the pesty activex kill bit that gets overridden by ie.inf.

Does hfslip-1.7.9_beta_d indicated we no longer need 956391_fix.reg in the HFSVCPACK folder?

I think yes, considering the lines displayed in the cmd look to contain what the reg file has but just want to confirm. (Sorry if it's apparent what the answer is, it's late and I'm a bit slow eyed.)

Thanks.

tf

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure what "Vista systems integration XP" is, but hfslip hasn't been tested with vista and will not be recrafted to support any flavor of vista. You are on your own. Please visit www.hfslip.org for details on what hfslip can do. Please keep the beta thread on topic. Thanks.

I don't know since when or why but latest hfslip cannot determine the correct language of my source which is Greek and it thinks that is English.

I think it has to do with prodspec.ini and hfslip cannot read the "Localization" string correctly.

I had that problem in the past and Tomcat76 had corrected that.

PRODSPEC.rar

Edited by bfc_xxx

Feel like running an experiment? Open up the hfslip cmd file with your favorite text editor and look for this line of code:

IF "%Localization%"=="German" SET LCIDD=1031

Add the following after it, save it and re-run hfslip and report back.

IF "%Localization%"=="„¢¢ž¤ ¡á" SET LCIDD=1032