HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

:hello:

Hi tc, using the current Testrelease i´ve made two installs, one with xpsp2 german and the other w2ksp4 german.

Following your instructions about the new feature hf\basic and hf\noreg i build the cds.

In both hf-folder i included the new rootsupdate reported by tomalak.

Xpsp2 installation went fine and WU shows nothing.

W2kSP4 installation also ok, but WU offers the rootsupdate.

What do you need for error searching? :unsure:

Canged the Rootsupdate in W2kSP4 hf and rebuilded the cd.

Wu is happy.

070705a works great with german XPSP2 and W2KSP4. :thumbup

I used 070707a to build a XPSP2 CD with slipstreamend IE7.

Works great for me.

WU shows nothing.

THX a lot for your work. :)

Edited by wela

• 2 weeks later...

Used current Testrelease to build XPSP2 German-CD.

Starting installation and textcopy-mode ok, Installation goes well until registering files (T13?).

There it shows missing parameter for msiexec 3 times.

Any ideas?

hfsliplog attached.

Reused a CD builded with the final 1.6.1. No errors at all. It was builded without timezone.cmd and .cab in hftools. Timezone update Hotfix in HF.

rebuilded. It was the space..... silly mistake. :blushing:

Btw, is there a way to jump over this point of hflsip processing?. I do not use Multiboot.

HFSLIP_log.ZIP

Edited by wela

hi tomcat76,

i would like to make a feature request:

i intend to use ris in order to install our client machines in the future. i'm currently using hfslip and silent net maker to prepare the installation files for ris which works like a charm - thank you for those great scripts!

unfortunately, when i copy the files over to the ris server via risetup -add, some files from the sourcess folder don't make it over to the ris server. as far as i can tell from searching the internet it is because of some missing entries in the file layout.inf. one example for such a file is "aaclient.dl_". when i manually copy over the missing files after risetup -add, everything works fine. would it be possible to have hfslip regenerate layout.inf so that it contains the entries for all the new files?

cheers,

grunz

Windows setup doesn't like to see a modified LAYOUT.INF. System File Protection needs to be modfied/disabled for this which is what I don't want HFSLIP to do. TommyP may have a different take on this but I won't do it. I'm sorry.

@AgiHammerklau: stay relaxed, sweetheart! at first let me make clear that i'm sure not asking around everywhere - maybe my 5 postings in that forum are to hard to read for you, but i don't know... maybe you're just halucinating a bit today? as far as i can tell, both tools were publicly released under the gnu license - at least both tools contain the corresponding license agreements. if we were in a linux-forum, i'd say: RTFM! the only thing that would support your statement at least a little bit would be the following quote that you can find somewhat hidden at the bottom of hfslip's homepage. quote: "The target group are "home users"." that doesn't sound to me like it was forbidden to have a look at it, even if i might intend to use it for so called commercial use...

i really appreciate the author's work, and how can _you_ tell that i won't support them for their work in case i can get everything to work the way i would like it to?

btw: did you already find the donate via paypal link, mate?!

if any potential supporters get p***ed of like that from people like you, Nuhi, TommyP and Tomcat76 won't probably see a dime...

additionally, i can't see anything wrong in contributing my observations and feature requests to this forum, and i really don't like people that want to tell me what i should do.

and above all: keep your temper, mate!

@AgiHammerklau: sorry - i just forgot to add something to read for you:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License

And here's another quote for you (sorry for the german stuff, but maybe agi is better in understanding his mother-tongue):

Die GPL gewährt jedermann die folgenden vier Freiheiten als Bestandteile der Lizenz.

1. Das Programm darf ohne jede Einschränkung für jeden Zweck genutzt werden. Kommerzielle Nutzung ist hierbei ausdrücklich erlaubt.

2. Kopien des Programms dürfen kostenlos oder auch gegen Geld verteilt werden, wobei der Quellcode mitverteilt oder dem Empfänger des Programms auf Anfrage zum Selbstkostenpreis zur Verfügung gestellt werden muss. Dem Empfänger müssen dieselben Freiheiten gewährt werden – wer z. B. eine Kopie gegen Geld empfängt, hat weiterhin das Recht, diese dann kommerziell oder auch kostenlos zu verbreiten. Lizenzgebühren sind nicht erlaubt. Niemand ist verpflichtet, Kopien zu verteilen, weder im Allgemeinen, noch an irgendeine bestimmte Person – aber wenn er es tut, dann nur nach diesen Regeln.[2]

3. Die Arbeitsweise eines Programms darf studiert und den eigenen Bedürfnissen angepasst werden.

4. Es dürfen auch die gemäß Freiheit 3 veränderten Versionen des Programms unter den Regeln von Freiheit 2 vertrieben werden, wobei dem Empfänger des Programms der Quellcode der veränderten Version verfügbar gemacht werden muss. Veränderte Versionen müssen nicht veröffentlicht werden; aber wenn sie veröffentlicht werden, dann darf dies nur unter den Regeln von Freiheit 2 geschehen.

Edited by grunz

@AgiHammerklau &grunz,

To clear things up, both HFSLIP and NLITE are for personal use and not for corporations/companies. Both programs and websites have information saying the same. I don't know how much clearer it can be stated. Ignorance by not reading documentation isn't an excuse.

Please take your back and forth comments offline or in some other forum or venue as this is not the place for it.

Now, let's get back to topic on test release discussions.

Thank you

tommyp