HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

OK. Remove ShowDesktop.cmd from HFSVCPACK and try rc7. Hopefully that does it...

Removed ShowDesktop.cmd. Removed all custom regs in SVCPACK. It's not working for me.

Maybe winnt.sif it's causing trouble? I don't know..

Yes, I have. BUT the problem is that in spanish version of Windows "Application Data" folder is called "Datos de programa". Maybe you should use %ApplicationDataFolder% variable instead of the folder name (if you don't use it already).

By the way, have I told you that OE is gone too? Only IE7 icon is showed in quick launch (but OE isn't as important as show desktop icon).

Edited by XibaD

@sabregreen

There shouldn't be any problems with that hotfix on 2K3SP2. It is missing an SP1QFE (or SP1GDR) folder so it's SP1 that's affected. Thanks anyway :)

@XibaD

I didn't know that. I checked Dutch & French systems and they use "Application Data". But I now checked the German version and its Application Data folder is localized like the Spanish one.

Try this version. This should do the trick... :)

I just seen that in the changelog it says compatibility unknown. At least you know SP2 works ;). If there is anything you want me to check i can, as I have access to all versions, 2000, xp, 2003 SP1,SP2, and R2, and Vista business/ultimate. I work for a school district, therefore I use all versions :).

Edited by sabregreen

I didn't know that. I checked Dutch & French systems and they use "Application Data". But I now checked the German version and its Application Data folder is localized like the Spanish one.

Try this version. This should do the trick...

Now, with this new fix, it works like a charm. If you need more testing, I also offer my services to the cause U_U

I really do appreciate your work and support. Thank you Tomcat76, you are the best.

Cheers from Spain. Bonne nuit!

Edited by XibaD

Nice... Life is all "Floricienta" now, hehe :P

Concerning your OE question... I can't remember Windows XP setup creating that shortcut. Are you sure it's supposed to be there on a virgin install?

Nice... Life is all "Floricienta" now, hehe :P

Concerning your OE question... I can't remember Windows XP setup creating that shortcut. Are you sure it's supposed to be there on a virgin install?

Virgin :D ....

Ok, yes, I'm 90% sure that in a fresh or "virgin" install, as you call it, there are three icons: ie, show desktop and oe. But with all this stuff only ie was showed, until we fixed the showdesktop.

Well... I'm 90% sure it's there for Windows 2000 but not for XP. I'll have to test this with an unadulterated XPSP2...

I have installed a unadulterated Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2. There is no OE icon in quick launch, you were right.

• 2 weeks later...
Well... Slipstreaming the .NET 1.0 update is only possible if a source is detected as MCE. This is done by checking for the existence of SOURCE\CMPNENTS\MEDIACTR\I386.

If that folder isn't there, it won't be slipstreamed.

Sorry for the delayed response, but why not check for CMPNENTS\NETFX instead? not that it matters, I believe Tablet PC and Media Center both have the same dir structure, but what if I decided to delete the MEDIACTR directory cuz I know I am never going to install MEDIACTR, but will install TabletPC, net 1.0 would not be slipped and it IS needed in TabletPC.

:blushing: heh. you know what, sorry but ignore my response, For me my way is better since I only use one source (ProductKey determines XP,MEDIACTR,TabletPC not existence of CMPNENTS dir), don't need 1.0 slipped into XP build. :blushing:

Edited by NtegrA