HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

OK. Did these .NET 3.0 components take a while to install?
yes it did ... quite sometime actually ;) would this be bad?
No; this is normal, and it indicates that HFSLPGUI.CMD is executed at the right time. But .NET 3.0 is not in Add/Remove Programs afterwards?

OK. Did these .NET 3.0 components take a while to install?
yes it did ... quite sometime actually ;) would this be bad?
No; this is normal, and it indicates that HFSLPGUI.CMD is executed at the right time. But .NET 3.0 is not in Add/Remove Programs afterwards?
great! :) dotnet3 is present in Add/Remove Programs ...

Tomcat, I've a request for you. Because some updates are not public and hard to find on the net (in os native language), I have put some files as MSOBMAIN.DLL (in italian, found in RyanVM italian package) in FIX directory because I don't find the respective hotfix in my language. In this way, after I have installed Windows, in setuperr.log, obviously tell me that msobmain.dll isn't signed well by Microsoft.

Can you add a directory for put in the cat files necessary for removing the error? Or can you tell me how can I do for removing that error?

I already tried to:

-copy the cat file in i386\svcpack of the source directory but it doesn't work (and it tells me that the source isn't clean)

-modified hfslip script that after it creates the WORK directory, it copies the cat files into WORK\SVCPACK directory but it doesn't work.

Any other method? Thanks for your answer and patience :thumbup

Did you makecab msobmain.dll before putting it in the FIX folder?

You don't need the English version of the hotfix if you have the Italian files, btw. The INF file within the hotfix only adds info into the registry confirming that this particular hotfix was installed, something that would be necessary if KB898543 (or whatever hotfix the msobmain.dll file that you are using is coming from) appears on Windows Update, but Windows Update doesn't show it so all you need is the Italian msobmain.dll and the accompanying CAT file. Theoretically, it should work with the compressed DLL in FIX and the CAT in SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK; just ignore the warning about having an unclean source. But remove the English hotfix from the HF folder.

Theoretically, it should work with the compressed DLL in FIX and the CAT in SOURCE\I386\SVCPACK; just ignore the warning about having an unclean source. But remove the English hotfix from the HF folder.

I have tried in this way, but in SVCPACK.INF file there isn't any entry about KB898543.cat file :wacko:

EDIT: Someone know how to download kb925720 february update?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

hi tomcat and tommyp, i was wondering since you've managed to slipstream the .net patch as well (KB887998) couldn't you somehow magically also try and slipstream .net 1.1 and 2.0 themselves into the windows source as well ? it would save a hell of a lot of time during the installation at T-13...

Where did you find the link for kb925720 february update? I need italian version.
If you applied the update via Windows Update or Microsoft Update you should be able to find the link in C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log.
hi tomcat and tommyp, i was wondering since you've managed to slipstream the .net patch as well (KB887998) couldn't you somehow magically also try and slipstream .net 1.1 and 2.0 themselves into the windows source as well ? it would save a hell of a lot of time during the installation at T-13...
I tried this some time ago but gave up on it because I was starting to go insane, haha.

Copying files is not an issue; it's more what goes in the registry and what commands should be run post-installation.

I tried this some time ago but gave up on it because I was starting to go insane, haha.

Copying files is not an issue; it's more what goes in the registry and what commands should be run post-installation.

maybe you could start with something like roguespear's switchless installer rather than the stock one and see how things go from there ;)

Edited by johndoe74

maybe you could start with something like roguespear's switchless installer rather than the stock one and see how things go from there ;)
The problem remains the same. There's no file that clearly states what needs to be added into the registry and which files need to be run post-installation.

Would u be motivated to do it if there were ? What i have in mind is you guys get in touch with one of the switchless addon makers, like for example roguespear or somebody/whoever makes the switchless addons on ryan's site. my guess is those guys might know what steps are involved in the installation and in what order. What do you think ? Worth a try at least ? :whistle: