HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

@EmRoD

Are you talking about LegitCheckControl.cab? What's COA?

COA : Certificate Of Authenticity

On feb 21 ms released a new KB905474 Version (1.7.017) with the WGA Tray in it again.

My HFSLIPPED souces includes an old legitcheckcontrol.cab (1.5.0708)

I install my computer with my product key, when it's done i activate it without issues.

I run Ms update, it tells me a new KB905474 is available, i download it, install it and i'm having a error message saying that the tool cannot validate my licence :blink: .

I look on the troubleshooting link, it routes me to this page http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/813422

The instructions a "run a couple of regsvr32 commands to re register some dlls."

When i'm done with it, ms update validates my licence and everything functions normally...

hi Neo2x! it's in TC's dynamic HF list here: Windows Genuine Advantage

(for XPSP2) Windows XP SP2 updates for use with HFSLIP

(for the rest) Hotfix update lists

I tried to download today the LegitCheckControl.cab, but Microsoft hasn't released a new one yet, so I've done one by myself. I'm testing if works. I tried in this way:

- I've downloaded this update

- I've unzipped the old LegitCheckControl.cab and I've copied the LegitCheckControl.inf to Desktop

- I've unzipped with Winrar the update that I have download on Microsoft site, and after I've unzipped, also with Winrar, WGANOT~1.EXE, and copied LegitCheckControl.dll to Desktop

- Edited LegitCheckControl.inf in this way (the last string):

FileVersion=1,5,0723,1

To:

FileVersion=1,7,0017,0

The last step is to create a cab file called LegitCheckControl.cab with these files inside: LegitCheckControl.dll and LegitCheckControl.inf (cabbed with WinAce)

It doesn't work :(

@S3pHiroTh

Post installation, you can remove the HFSLIPWU.INF line from SYSOC.INF. That should remove the entry from the list in your screenshot.

I've tried but if I delete that string, IE7 doesn't start and some pieces of WMP11 doesn't install... :wacko:

EDIT:

I've a question for you. I have tried to install an inf file by cmd file at T-13, but if I do that windows installations will fail. It will execute HFRUNONCEGUI at T-13. I have installed inf file with this method (the only one I found):

%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 4 %SystemDrive%\Custom\Cursori\Aero\Install.inf

There is another method to install it?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

I run Ms update, it tells me a new KB905474 is available, i download it, install it and i'm having a error message saying that the tool cannot validate my licence :blink: .
MU/WU doesn't ask to install KB905474 here. Are you sure you also didn't include an old version of KB905474 in the HF folder? That's the only time I think MU/WU would ask to update it.

Try this (if you have the time)...

1) Install Windows

2) Register those DLLs you mentioned

3) Run Microsoft Update

If this works, I'll update HFSLIP so those DLLs are registered automatically when KB905474 is detected in the HF folder.

@S3pHiroTh

Post installation, you can remove the HFSLIPWU.INF line from SYSOC.INF. That should remove the entry from the list in your screenshot.

I've tried but if I delete that string, IE7 doesn't start and some pieces of WMP11 doesn't install... :wacko:

You removed it post installation or before installation?
I have tried to install an inf file by cmd file at T-13, but if I do that windows installations will fail. It will execute HFRUNONCEGUI at T-13. I have installed inf file with this method (the only one I found):

%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 4 %SystemDrive%\Custom\Cursori\Aero\Install.inf

HFSLIP uses the advpack.dll method at T-13 now. For you, that would be:

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemDrive%\Custom\Cursori\Aero\Install.inf,DefaultInstall

Maybe, I forgot my cleanup scripts were run both at T-12 and ROE. :whistle:
RunOnceEx didn't work for me either. I had to use RunOnce.

@S3pHiroTh

You removed it post installation or before installation?

Aaaaaahhh before I have misunderstood your words :)

I have type a ; before the last string in that file after I have run hfslip script...

I have tried now to "comment" that line after windows installation and works well. Thanks Tomcat for your patience :blushing:

I have tried to install an inf file by cmd file at T-13, but if I do that windows installations will fail. It will execute HFRUNONCEGUI at T-13. I have installed inf file with this method (the only one I found):

HFSLIP uses the advpack.dll method at T-13 now. For you, that would be:

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemDrive%\Custom\Cursori\Aero\Install.inf,DefaultInstall

Thanks, I'll try in this way. Thanks a lot :hello:

hi! i just tried the latest test release & here were the results:

(1) ie7 slipstreaming didn't work for me

(2) wmp11 wasn't installed either

would there be other HFs that i neeed to remove ... probably HFs that prevented ie7 & wmp11 from installing (i.e., some ie6 HFs that i might still have lurking in HF dir or some other obsolete files)?

(3) encountered this duing HFGUIRUNONCE: Windows Desktop Search Setup

Setup has failed. Make sure Terminal Services are enabled before re-running setup. clicking OK to get rid of the pop-up continued with installation of PowerShell ... i'm not certain yet if this had something to do with the latest Windows Desktop Search 3.01 for Windows XP (KB917013) release ... i thnk i didn't have this when using the previous ver ...

(4) my windows version now shows as: Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.061030-0020 (Service Pack 2) ... whereas before (not sure though if this was due to Feb HFs or earlier) it didn't have qfe[\b] there

(5) some addons didn't install anymore ... (TC, could you please take a look if i could use this via HFAAO: [updated] Vista RTM Sidebar v2.2.1 *Updated 02-16-07* ... i like this add-on since it shows Vista Sidebar on XP ... there are a few other addons required to make it work though ;)

i've attached some files that might be useful ... thanks in advance!

i already got this to work prior to the final rel & the current test rel ... :(

I386.rar

(1) ie7 slipstreaming didn't work for me
Can you be more specific? Everything seems to be fine looking at the files in the package you attached, but I need to see HFSLIP.CMD from SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK as well to be sure.
(2) wmp11 wasn't installed either
I don't see anything related to WMP11 in the setup information files as if HFSLIP didn't detect it. Did you extract everything into HF\WMP11?
would there be other HFs that i neeed to remove ... probably HFs that prevented ie7 & wmp11 from installing (i.e., some ie6 HFs that i might still have lurking in HF dir or some other obsolete files)?
HFSLIP didn't see WMP11 so the cause should be found elsewhere. Never mind that you don't need WindowsMedia9-KB917734-x86-ENU.exe.

As far as IE7 is concerned... If you use such an extensive list of hotfixes you should keep track of what is what...

(3) encountered this duing HFGUIRUNONCE: Windows Desktop Search Setup

Setup has failed. Make sure Terminal Services are enabled before re-running setup. clicking OK to get rid of the pop-up continued with installation of PowerShell ... i'm not certain yet if this had something to do with the latest Windows Desktop Search 3.01 for Windows XP (KB917013) release ... i thnk i didn't have this when using the previous ver ...

From the Overview section on the download page of WDS 3.01:

Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 3.01 is a minor update to Windows Desktop Search 3.0

I think that should answer your question...

(4) my windows version now shows as: Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.061030-0020 (Service Pack 2) ... whereas before (not sure though if this was due to Feb HFs or earlier) it didn't have qfe there
Certainly not the hotfixes that HFSLIP officially supports. I get this with a fully up to date source:

Windows XP Professional

Build 2600.xpsp.050301-1521 (Service Pack 2)

(5) some addons didn't install anymore ... (TC, could you please take a look if i could use this via HFAAO: [updated] Vista RTM Sidebar v2.2.1 *Updated 02-16-07* ... i like this add-on since it shows Vista Sidebar on XP ... there are a few other addons required to make it work though ;)
I did lots of tests with version 2.1.1 of the Sidebar addon and never had a problem with it ever since including the VAIO addon as well. Nothing has changed structurally in version 2.2.1 so I wouldn't know why it would fail.

hi TC! the run is not yet complete but i got this while the cmd was doing its thing:

Processing Ricks_VistaRTMFonts_AddOn_v1.1.7z
'HKLM' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'CONFIGURE_PROGRAMS' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
TEMP\AAO\calibri.ttf
TEMP\AAO\calibrib.ttf
TEMP\AAO\calibrii.ttf
TEMP\AAO\calibriz.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoepr.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoeprb.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoesc.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoescb.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoeui.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoeuib.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoeuii.ttf
TEMP\AAO\segoeuiz.ttf
TEMP\AAO\simheia.ttf
13 File(s) copied

i'll report back in when this run is done ... btw, kindly look into the codes again as to why when folders are placed on the desktop, this error comes up: Could Not Find C:\Documents or when placed in a sub-folder in another dir Could Not Find D:\Kiki? would it have anything to do with spaces in between folder names or would it have anything to with long directory names or anything to do with sub-dirs? thanks again! i'm about to install via Virtual Box ... a very alternative to VMWare or VirtualPC ;)

@Kiki

I see no problem with HFSLIP.CMD. It has to be the hotfixes.

The errors you see for Ricks_VistaRTMFonts_AddOn_v1.1 are due to it containing an [ExtraFileEdits] section, which is not supported by HFSLIP. I also don't intend to create support for it because it's too difficult, because there would be a limit to the amount of subitems to add, and because it would only work for English sources (in the case of this addon). You have three different options:

1) Ask someone in that forum to remake the addon by using a separate INF file instead of the [ExtraFileEdits] section in ENTRIES*.INI

2) Remake the addon yourself

3) Create an INF file in HFSVCPACK yourself and ignore the errors when HFSLIP parses the addon.

Ricks_VistaRTMFonts_1.1.inf

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Fonts.Add

[Fonts.Add]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri%",,"calibri.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_bold%",,"calibrib.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_italic%",,"calibrii.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_bold_italic%",,"calibriz.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_print%",0,"segoepr.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_print_bold%",,"segoeprb.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_script%",,"segoesc.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_script_bold%",,"segoescb.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui%",0,"segoeui.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui_bold%",,"segoeuib.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui_italic%",,"segoeuii.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui_bold_italic%",,"segoeuiz.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%simhei%",,"simhei.ttf"

[Strings]
calibri = "Calibri (TrueType)"
calibri_bold = "Calibri Bold (TrueType)"
calibri_italic = "Calibri Italic (TrueType)"
calibri_bold_italic = "Calibri Bold Italic (TrueType)"
segoe_ui = "Segoe UI (TrueType)"
segoe_ui_bold = "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"
segoe_ui_italic = "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"
segoe_ui_bold_italic = "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"
segoe_print = "Segoe Print (TrueType)"
segoe_print_bold = "Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"
segoe_script = "Segoe Script (TrueType)"
segoe_script_bold = "Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"
simhei = "SimHei (TrueType)"

I couldn't find VisualTooltip21.zip but I could find NR_VisualToolTip_Addon_v1.1.cab (Visual ToolTip 2.1 by MrNxDmX). There shouldn't be any problems with that.

thanks S-M & TC! before posting this, i didn't get to have ie7 installed (with entries for both ie & ie7 (both 0mb) in add/remove windows components) ... during my latest run just about a couple of hours ago, i already managed to install ie7 & wmp11 :thumbup ... i took out Desktop Search which had given me install problems (that i posted earlier) ... i'm not sure if that was the sole reason but if i remember it correctly, this was the only 1 that i took out ... although some items didn't install correctly (mostly addons) ... here are some screenshots:post-84520-1172472739_thumb.jpg

these came up until hfslp103.inf

post-84520-1172472785_thumb.jpg

along with these were: wmadmod.dl_, wmsdmod.dl_, wmspdmod.dl_ & wmvdmod.dl_

post-84520-1172472808_thumb.jpg

this used to work prior to the latest final 1.3.1 rel, prior to the latest test rel 70222a, & even prior to Feb HFs rel ... i'm still trying to see if i could work something out by taking out some items in HF, HFAAO, HFSVCPACK, HFSVCPACK_SW & HFGUIRUNONCE ... attached too are some files from my latest run ... hope to get your feedback on these ... thanks! :) btw, TC that was the correct file by MrNxDmX ... still it didn't install along with Vista Sidebar by Ricktendo64 ... i'll post the issue to in their threads ... thanks again!

HFSLIP.7z

Edited by Kiki Burgh