HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

In all the new Hfslip versions where IE7 is being slipstreamed, the "Show Desktop" Icon in the Quicklanch Bar is not showing anymore.

Everything else is btw working great. Thank you for your great work with Hfslip :)

Greetings from Ivan in Copenhagen.

OK... I was under the impression that this was fixed with the latest shell32.dll update. Apparantly not.

I'll put the QL fix back in. :)

Meanwhile, you can get the icon back by running this command from Run:

regsvr32 /s /i:U /n shell32.dll

I don't know if it's necessary, but I usually do it like this:

1) disable Quick Launch

2) execute the above command

3) log off

4) log back in and enable Quick Launch

Edited by Tomcat76

In all the new Hfslip versions where IE7 is being slipstreamed, the "Show Desktop" Icon in the Quicklanch Bar is not showing anymore.

Everything else is btw working great. Thank you for your great work with Hfslip :)

"Show Desktop" icon shows on my Quick Launch toolbar. Am running from a 70220a run. XPSP2 English.

"Show Desktop" icon shows on my Quick Launch toolbar. Am running from a 70220a run. XPSP2 English.

In mine it doesn't show... mmmhhh... maybe some update remove it? :unsure:

Edited by S3pHiroTh

There is a way to remove this voice below?

post-109382-1172060439_thumb.jpg

hi S3pHiroTh! i'm not sure if this is what you meant ... but this could be a little relevant: HFSLIP in Add/Remove Programs?

I have read the topic, but there isn't a safe way to delete that entry (the entry in list of installed programs is easy to delete, but not the one that I mean). I have seen that if I edit SYSOC.INF, there should be some problems.

hi S3pHiroTh! i'm not sure if this is what you meant ... but this could be a little relevant: HFSLIP in Add/Remove Programs?

I have read the topic, but there isn't a safe way to delete that entry (the entry in list of installed programs is easy to delete, but not the one that I mean). I have seen that if I edit SYSOC.INF, there should be some problems.

May we know why you would want to remove that?

May we know why you would want to remove that?

Simply I want a "clean" Windows installation... That's all

hi!i just want to clarify this:

msxml6_x86.msi is supported by HFSLIP. It replaces msxml6-KB927977-xxx-x86.exe.

Unfortunately you'll have to rebuild DNF3.exe (assuming you made it with my tool). The problem is that the MSXML6 resource file contained in the MSXML6 SP1 package is OLDER than the one for MSXML6 "SP0". The MSXML6 binaries inside DNF3.exe are copied over if the ones in SYSTEM32 are older or non-existent, so the XML6 resource file will get downgraded to SP0 by mistake. You'll have to rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi for the .NET Maker (not necessary for HFSLIP).

if i were to do this (rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi) do i still need to do this:
By the way... You can make it easier on you by setting PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6 in the answer file for SNM to NO and only include MSXML6 with HFSLIP (or vice versa). You don't need to have those files twice.
thanks! btw, i posted the same in Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20070201), Create silent switchless .NET installers for Win2K/XP/2K3 x86 as i'm not quite sure if TC still frequents this forum ... my apologies ... thanks again!

Hi all

with an hfslipped souce (version hfslip-70212b.cmd) and XP Home Or Pro i'm facing this bug with the lateste WGA thing...

I'm using my COA, activate it without issue BUT

when the lateste WGA is installed via windows update, i'm having an error message saying my copie cannot be validated...

when i follow the instructions given by thi page :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/813422

that is, to re-register some dlls it works:

regsvr32 /S softpub.dll

regsvr32 /S Wintrust.dll

regsvr32 /S Dssenh.dll

regsvr32 /S Rsaenh.dll

regsvr32 /S Gpkcsp.dll

regsvr32 /S Sccbase.dll

regsvr32 /S Slbcsp.dll

regsvr32 /S Mssip32.dll

regsvr32 /S Cryptdlg.dll

regsvr32 /S Initpki.dll

Any clues ?

OK... I was under the impression that this was fixed with the latest shell32.dll update. Apparantly not.

I'll put the QL fix back in. :)

Meanwhile, you can get the icon back by running this command from Run:

regsvr32 /s /i:U /n shell32.dll

I don't know if it's necessary, but I usually do it like this:

1) disable Quick Launch

2) execute the above command

3) log off

4) log back in and enable Quick Launch

I have the same problem and running this command at T-12 puts the icon back in all sessions. ;)

@Kiki

Answered in the other thread :)

@S3pHiroTh

Post installation, you can remove the HFSLIPWU.INF line from SYSOC.INF. That should remove the entry from the list in your screenshot.

@Camarade_Tux

In my testing, this doesn't work at T-13 nor from a CMD at first GUI logon. The only thing that worked was what's in NR's IE7 addon.

@EmRoD

Are you talking about LegitCheckControl.cab? What's COA?