HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Weird. The only logical explanation I can give is that the files in your DRIVER.CAB package are fully up-to-date. Did you use a clean source with the prep tool?

Yes, it is clean. One thing I don't understand, why hfslip script recompress driver.cab if I don't add drivers? I have used hfslip prep tool because I test every version of the test build (and for corrections of my personalized windows cd), but if driver.cab will recompress is only a waste of time to use first the prep tool and after hfslip script.

The only thing that I have added to source directory is $OEM$ directory, that's all.

Edited by S3pHiroTh

Nice to meet you.

Because a certain phenomenon was noticed, it reports.

The end code "0x1a" has not adhered at the end of file TXTSETUP.SIF generated with

HFSLIP.

It is in the one of the SOURCE folder.

The influence by this is uncertain now. However, it seems that you should not miss because it is confirmed not to be able to continue setting up normally with the file before it applies by cutting down this end code.

Are you talking about that little square at the bottom of the original TXTSETUP.SIF?

Well... With hundreds of runs with Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP1, XP SP2, 2003 Gold and 2003 SP1, I can positively say that it isn't required. Also, HFSLIP has been around for a very long time; people would've reported such problem...

Something weird happening here, I'm using 70212b with a hfslip-preped source; I'm was testing the iso creation with bbie.exe, mkisofs.exe and cygwin1.dll; after finishing creating the SOURCESS folder (which had driver.cab) the iso creation process started and then finished normally, but when I checked the SOURCESS folder driver.cab was nowhere to be found, like it was deleted by the iso creation process. (Just after the normal process said it copied driver.cab, I checked SOURCESS and it was there).

Edited by Neo2x

I have tested the last build release with February updates and I have had a strange issue. When I run Windows Update it shows 2 updates for KB890830.

post-109382-1171459948_thumb.jpg

Anyone has this little issue?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

After installing XP, with the 1.3 rc1, I get notified by Windows Updates that I don't have KB920872 and KB900485 even tough I have them both on my HF folder. Here is my HFSLIP.log. I have used a hfsliped-preped source BTW.

EDIT: After checking the log file I created I see this:

"

Expandiendo source\i386\driver.cab a sourcess\i386\driver\xxwh1hlp.hlp.

Expandiendo source\i386\driver.cab a sourcess\i386\driver\zlogic.cyz.

4778 total de archivos.

Adding updated driver files

0 archivos copiados // copied files

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

0 archivos copiados

Basic cleanup"

So I guess the new .sys files aren't being copied to driver.cab.

HFSLIP.txt

Edited by Neo2x

Neo2x--

I've done extensive testing with those hotfixes, with merging options A and F, with and without the prep tool, and I can't duplicate this problem.

Does the problem still occur if you recopy the SOURCE from CD and just use the latest test release?

Does the problem still occur if you recopy the SOURCE from CD and just use the latest test release?

No it doesn't... In that moment the script copy some files into DRIVER.CAB working directory then recompress...

post-109382-1171538983_thumb.jpg

Edited by S3pHiroTh