HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Hi Tomcat, I have tested a bit this release, I have an issue (I think). I have used the tool for compact DRIVER.CAB before run hfslip script. When hfslip script goes to DRIVER.CAB repacking it shows this.

post-109382-1171283118_thumb.jpg

There is an issue or not? The script recompacts driver.cab even if I haven't put any new driver (I think)

HFSLIP.TXT

hi S3pHiroTh! i'm not certain about this but wouldn't this:

if HFSLIP doesn't encounter any updated driver binaries and you selected merging option A, B or C, DRIVER.CAB will no longer have to be merged with SP#.CAB because the latter doesn't exist.
have anything to say about 0 files copied? ;) which merging option did you use? Edited by Kiki Burgh

hi S3pHiroTh! i'm not certain about this but wouldn't this:
if HFSLIP doesn't encounter any updated driver binaries and you selected merging option A, B or C, DRIVER.CAB will no longer have to be merged with SP#.CAB because the latter doesn't exist.
have anything to say about 0 files copied? ;) which merging option did you use?

Before, when I had tested the previous version of hfslip, instead of "0 files copied" there was some files... but today, I have used HFSLIP_prep.cmd before of hfslip-70211b.cmd. So I think is a new issue related to DRIVER.CAB that is been compressed before hfslip script.

I have set this in HFANSWER.INI: DRIVERCOMP=A

Edited by S3pHiroTh

S3pHiroTh--

I'm almost positive those errors don't come from the sections that handle DRIVER.CAB. Can you please try HFSLIP 70212a? It shows a bit more output text for the sections where those errors could be coming from. Maybe that'll help...

Slight bug with the NOLOGCOPY feature. I do not believe this was intended.

The log is no longer copied to SOURCESS until after the ISO is created. That essentially removes the usefulness of the variable and makes that feature the "default." This occurs regardless of whether the variable is actually set as there is no longer a copy command for HFSLIP.LOG before :MAKEISO is called.

S3pHiroTh--

I'm almost positive those errors don't come from the sections that handle DRIVER.CAB. Can you please try HFSLIP 70212a? It shows a bit more output text for the sections where those errors could be coming from. Maybe that'll help...

Ok, I have tested once again with the latest build release, but the results are the same. I'll post the output messages that hfslip write, so, maybe, you can understand why this happen. (Can this happen if I slipstream, for example, KB888111 hotfix?)

Text.rar

(Can this happen if I slipstream, for example, KB888111 hotfix?)
been slipstreaming 888111 since it has been supported and i never had your results ;)

This results are after I have compressed DRIVER.CAB with the tool that Tomcat has released some days ago. HFSLIP prep.cmd

Have you read my previous replies? The issue is ONLY when SP2.CAB doesn't exist because is already slipstreamed into DRIVER.CAB

The DBLBIN*.EXT files are now automatically renamed by HFSLIP. The new name contains the Service Pack level:

2000SP4.EXT (not updated; running HFSLIP with the old file will have it renamed automatically)

XPSP1.EXT (updated 2007-02-13: 1 obsolete file name added)

XPSP2.EXT (updated 2007-02-12: 39 obsolete file names added)

2003SP0.EXT (doesn't exist)

2003SP1.EXT (doesn't exist)

Download hfslip-70212b

Changes:

- [iE7] support for BRANDING.CAB in HFCABS (requires MODIFYPE.EXE in HFTOOLS; files other than INF files MUST be newer than those in the IE7 executable)

- DBLBIN*.EXT files are renamed by HFSLIP (see above)

new file still goes into HFCLEANUP, right?
- HFSLIP.LOG now lists the files in HFCLEANUP
this is better! :P wouldn't just simply show in HFSLIP.log "HFCLEANUP detected" ... thanks!

Ok, I have tested once again with the latest build release, but the results are the same.
It wasn't supposed to be fixed. I just added more text output (titles).

Can you give me the DRVINDEX.INF file that's in your SOURCE\I386 folder?

Ok, I have tested once again with the latest build release, but the results are the same.
It wasn't supposed to be fixed. I just added more text output (titles).

Can you give me the DRVINDEX.INF file that's in your SOURCE\I386 folder?

Added as you wish :P

I have uploaded the old one (before hfslip prep script) too.

DRVINDEX_old.INF

DRVINDEX.INF

Edited by S3pHiroTh