HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

I must check it. Maybe you're right. Are you saying that "." is a wildcard even without regex?

findstr /? does not say anything about that at least, but I will check it

EDIT:

Hmmm...

I've just understood why those brazilian and south american updates are filtered: they have a linebrake, and you added them manually instead... nice

EDIT 2:

Ow crap MS, you're right. I have seen many search utilities but MS can always give some surprising moments with their "standards". So no /R is needed in that case

EDIT 3: I have changed mine to the following:

... FINDSTR /I /R "Time.Zones.*Dynamic.DST" ...

... FINDSTR /V /I /R "South.America.*0x1, Central.Brazilian.*0x1," ...

Notice "0x1,"? That's the most unique difference I could found

EDIT 4:

I found a "bottleneck": In :INTEGRATE in the main binary compression FOR cycle there is a double use of if statment. There are many throughout the script by the way, but this one is the most inefficent since this cycle runs around far more than 500 times (as many files it has to process, it can be much more)

I suggest to change it to something similiar to this instead:

FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR /B /A:-D WORK\I386E') DO (
ECHO Processing %%I
IF NOT EXIST SOURCESS\I386\%%I (
MAKECAB /D CompressionMemory=%COMPMEM% /D CompressionType=LZX WORK\I386E\%%I /L SOURCESS\I386 >NUL
) ELSE (
COPY WORK\I386E\%%I SOURCESS\I386 >NUL
)
)

Edited by whitehorses

I've just understood why those brazilian and south american updates are filtered: they have a linebrake, and you added them manually instead... nice
Right. I could have HFSLIP parse that INF section line by line (like it's done with the addons) but that would take too long on your Sempron ;)
EDIT 3: I have changed mine to the following:

... FINDSTR /I /R "Time.Zones.*Dynamic.DST" ...

... FINDSTR /V /I /R "South.America.*0x1, Central.Brazilian.*0x1," ...

I could be wrong, but isn't that extra work? You're creating an extra temporary file.
I found a "bottleneck": In :INTEGRATE in the main binary compression FOR cycle there is a double use of if statment. There are many throughout the script by the way, but this one is the most inefficent since this cycle runs around far more than 500 times (as many files it has to process, it can be much more)
Yeah. I didn't update that small bit yet. I'll change it to this:

FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B/A-D/ON WORK\I386E') DO (
ECHO Processing %%I
IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\%%I (COPY/Y WORK\I386E\%%I SOURCESS\I386 >NUL) ELSE (
MAKECAB /D CompressionMemory=%COMPMEM% /D CompressionType=LZX WORK\I386E\%%I /L SOURCESS\I386 >NUL
)
)

Less lines... :)

I also updated the text a few lines lower (EXISTANT instead of EXISTENT) which I corrected in the 64-bit version draft but not here... :)

@Kiki

1) I only have HFSLIP do what the information files in Siginet's addons tell it to do. As far as I can see, the result should be that a CMD is executed during Windows setup that takes care of everything.

i think Siginet's addon is more geared for use in nLite & RVMIntegrator
2) WMP11 is slipstreamed. You don't get WMP11 when clicking on "Windows Media Player"?
not even a shortcut :(
3) KB911564 is not related to any version of WMP in particular so you still need it when slipstreaming WMP11.
gotcha! maybe we should put this & any similar info in Important things to know section
4) There's something fishy about the Sidebar addon. When I include it (RAR will be supported in next version), I get an error message at every login saying that Sidebar couldn't start because some file could not be found. The strange thing is: this file is not part of Windows, it's not included with the addon, and the forum post you linked to doesn't say anything about it either. Crazy stuff. I also tested the other two addons you mentioned and they are OK as far as I can see.
thanks for testing TC ... really appreciate it! :P i also got that error ... i was informed by ricktendo64 to include the following files: KB918997 & VAIO XP Build #2 (this is their project of porting vista to xp) ... as of my 2nd run still no go
5) Do a proper run with the version I'll upload later and then see if you still get that error message.
will do ... :) although this was already resolved by moving the files to the correct directory ... completely my bad ... sorry.
6) Do they require a specific version of .NET? I see in your log that you are installing .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 in one go; this will cause other programs to think .NET 2.0 isn't installed yet before rebooting. If that's the case, either put those MSIs in HFGUIRUNONCE, or remove .NET 1.1 (or put .NET 1.1 in HFGUIRUNONCE).
will try this moving these .msis to HFGUIRUNONCE ... although they would install after OS install ...
7) Same as 5).
ok
New version underway.
already downloaded it ... have requested 7zip support before ... granted! .... & now requested for .rar support ... granted too! thanks much! :P i thik we are nearing a final ... Edited by Kiki Burgh

I could be wrong, but isn't that extra work? You're creating an extra temporary file.

Well I made some modifications, but mainly it's the same, take a look:

FOR /F "TOKENS=* DELIMS= " %%I IN ('FINDSTR /I /R "Time.Zones.*Dynamic.DST" TEMP\UPDATE\_TZC.inf') DO ECHO>>WORK\TZCINF.TXT %%I
FINDSTR /V /I /R "South.America.*0x1, Central.Brazilian.*0x1," WORK\TZCINF.TXT >> SOURCESS\I386\HFSLPHIV.INF
ECHO/>>SOURCESS\I386\HFSLPHIV.INF
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\HFSLPHIV.INF [Strings]
FOR /F "TOKENS=* DELIMS= " %%I IN ('FINDSTR /I /R "_Std.*= _Dlt.*= _Display[^_]*=" TEMP\UPDATE\_TZC.inf') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\HFSLPHIV.INF %%I

It does the job. Uses one temp txt, and removes trailing spaces.

I also updated the text a few lines lower (EXISTANT instead of EXISTENT) which I corrected in the 64-bit version draft but not here... :)

You mean that other compression cycle? What do you mean about "existant"?

And now that we are thinkering near these codes... can you tell me what is this line:

FOR /F "TOKENS=1 DELIMS=" %%I IN ('DIR /B /A:D /S WORK\I386E') DO IF ERRORLEVEL 0 DIR /B /A:D "%%I" >NUL 2>&1&&CALL :DPSCANSDIRS "%%~I"

This is the most cryptic line in the whole batch :lol:

EDIT: That ASM folder stuff can be written like this:

IF EXIST WORK\I386E\ASMS (
IF NOT EXIST SOURCESS\I386\ASMS (
RD /Q /S WORK\I386E\ASMS
) ELSE (
ECHO Processing ASMS
XCOPY /E /H /Y WORK\I386E\ASMS SOURCESS\I386\ASMS >NUL
RD /Q /S WORK\I386E\ASMS
)
)

Not that crucial, anyway

Edited by whitehorses

Bug report

70202a or 70130c will not install IE7, which the stable release 1.2.2 have no problems.

I been trying to slipstream IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe into my compilation which 1.2.2 will not do. Other than that, 1.2.2 will install IE7 and WMP 11 and other updates without any problems.

I tried 70202a to see if I can slipstream IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe which is suppose to be supported but the end result is that IE 7 is not installed. WMP 11 is installed. There is not even an IE7 log in the Windows directory to indicate what errors occurred. There is an IE7 file in the svcpack directory and svcpack.inf, but no IE 7 after Windows completed installation.

Attached the log file.

HFSLIP.TXT

@kenlau

That log is from HFSLIP 1.2.2 which doesn't support IE7 hotfixes so it's pretty useless in trying to solve your problem :)

@whitehorses

What does "0x1" do?

You mean that other compression cycle? What do you mean about "existant"?
There was a typo in the accompanying (REMmed out) text. I corrected it. Search for "EXISTENT" in the current test release.
And now that we are thinkering near these codes... can you tell me what is this line:

FOR /F "TOKENS=1 DELIMS=" %%I IN ('DIR /B /A:D /S WORK\I386E') DO IF ERRORLEVEL 0 DIR /B /A:D "%%I" >NUL 2>&1&&CALL :DPSCANSDIRS "%%~I"

This is the most cryptic line in the whole batch :lol:

Haha. You're not a top grader, eh? ;)

It's based on code by Yzöwl so you should ask him...

What does "0x1" do?
nothing. It's just a string. That's the datatype of the registry entry. Those FirstEntry LastEntry values have different datatype than the ones which store the customizations. This leaves in First/LastEntries.
Haha. You're not a top grader, eh?

Maybe you'll get surprised some day ;)

... Oh ... I have a little present just for you... a little surprise :whistle:

Gfinder.rar

Edited by whitehorses

What does "0x1" do?
nothing. It's just a string. That's the datatype of the registry entry. Those FirstEntry LastEntry values have different datatype than the ones which store the customizations. This leaves in First/LastEntries.
Oh, OK. Didn't see that, heheh. I'll put it in ;)
... Oh ... I have a little present just for you... a little surprise :whistle:
Gimme a bit more time to try to figure out what it is...
EDIT: That ASM folder stuff can be written like this:

IF NOT EXIST SOURCESS\I386\ASMS (
RD /Q /S WORK\I386E\ASMS
) ELSE (
ECHO Processing ASMS
XCOPY /E /H /Y WORK\I386E\ASMS SOURCESS\I386\ASMS >NUL
RD /Q /S WORK\I386E\ASMS
)
)

Not that crucial, anyway

What about this?

IF EXIST SOURCESS\I386\ASMS ECHO Processing ASMS&XCOPY/EHY WORK\I386E\ASMS SOURCESS\I386\ASMS >NUL
RD/Q/S WORK\I386E\ASMS
)

Talk about efficiency... :P

For Windows 2000, Windows Defender requires gdiplus.dll. Put gdiplus_dnld.exe in HF and 7za.exe from the "7-Zip Command Line Version" package in HFTOOLS.

This used to be covered through an external file (HFSPLUG1.CMD) but was merged into HFSLIP 1.0. I removed the HFSPLUG1.CMD info from the site but apparantly forgot to provide info on GDI+ elsewhere. I'll rectify this.

Edited by Tomcat76

@TC - please look at that sample, because it is really ... interesting...
I suppose this has to do with HFCLEANUP. If that's the case, I'm the wrong person to ask: I don't manage that part of the code. I never used or tested HFCLEANUP either so I'm not entitled to give any comments. Edited by Tomcat76