HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Is there a problem with using RyanVM's .NET1 and .NET2 silent installers in HFSVCPACK (linked from here), that I should be aware of? They appear to be up to date, at least Windows Update seems to think so. Is it that they are limited to U.S. English? Is it that some progress bars fly by so it's not completely silent? Is it that they are too slow?

Is there a problem with using RyanVM's .NET1 and .NET2 silent installers in HFSVCPACK (linked from here), that I should be aware of? They appear to be up to date, at least Windows Update seems to think so. Is it that they are limited to U.S. English? Is it that some progress bars fly by so it's not completely silent? Is it that they are too slow?

RyanVM .Net1 should work if you install in that directory, but the .net2 package doesn't install at T-13 Windows Installation... If you search in reply above, you'll find a post from Tomcat that link to me another topic with a script for making a working (upgraded and with the language pack) silent installer.

the .net2 package doesn't install at T-13 Windows Installation... .

It seems to work with Windows 2000, maybe not XP. At one point I was getting an error because mscorsvw was trying to start, but the installation kept on chugging, and I never narrowed it down to .net1.1sp1 or .net2 because I stopped getting it as I fixed other errors in my unattended install

I'm not sure why this happened. I have to do more testing. It could be due my new attempts at driver integration.

When I used 70111a, for the post-setup wizard, the system tries to open the MSOOBE shell through Internet Explorer (HTML file) rather than full-screen on its own. It's weird (I was presented with that IE file download dialog. Of course, everything gets stuck after that.

Hi Tomcat, I have tested once your new version of the script... I have only one question for my curiosity. In the other topic (net framework topic) I have asked you to support RunOnce in HFSLIP (Thanks a lot)... I have tried to install Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 with SVCPACK method, net package 3.0 with GuiRunOnce. It installs, but Event Viewer doesn't show anything about framework 3.0 installation. There are entries for net framework 1.1, for net framework 2.0, but for the 3.0 nothing... Do you know why this happen?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

.NET 3.0 installed for me. I used the same setup as you: DNF11.exe and DNF20.exe in HFSVCPACK and DNF30.exe (not including .NET 2.0) in HFGUIRUNONCE.

Event Viewer shows the regular warnings about .NET 3.0 here...

Ok, I'll run another session of test :)

EDIT: Another question about the script: there is a way to "stamp" the output messages when the script is working?

I have used this dos command "hfslip-701261.cmd > error.txt", but the errors are shown on command prompt windows and the other messages are write in error.txt file

I have discovered that if I write the istruction above, I have 3 error message in command prompt, but I don't know when this errors are shown.

The errors are:

-Impossible to find that specific file.

-Impossible to find 'DIR/B/A-D file

-File not found

Maybe the second is easy to find, but the others... urgh... :wacko:

Edited by S3pHiroTh

Actually, I just searched the entire script and can't find where that DIR/B/A-D error message could be coming from. To my knowledge it can only come from missing single quotes in a FOR loop and there aren't any of those...

I'll go error message hunting again one of these days.... :P