HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

It's possible the extra update for WMP11 is responsible for this. It may be incompatible with XP Home. I don't have a copy of Home Edition at hand so I can't test this myself. Please remove WMP11 and KB898543, and try again.

Thanks for the advice :)

This solves the reseal issue !

Edited by EmRoD

No. As I said in my previous post, HFSPLUG2.CMD is called when the new source is ready. So HFSLIP.CMD already has the word "EXIT" at the end. If you add anything below "EXIT", it will be ignored when it's run (at T-13).

Thanks for the kind answer, and excuse if I not have understood endured what you had written in previous post, but the translation problems exist.

Now the solution is much clear…

Bye!

Edited by retalv

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 61227a and autoit support:

If I am reading this correctly, the setup .exe files (which should be in the same folder as the .au3 scripts - I think that is the usual convention) do not get copied to I386:

:HFEAU
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HFEXPERT\AUTOIT\AU*.EXE') DO SET AUTOEXE=%%I
IF NOT DEFINED AUTOEXE GOTO EOF
COPY HFEXPERT\AUTOIT\%AUTOEXE% SOURCESS\I386
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HFEXPERT\AUTOIT\*.AU*') DO (
COPY HFEXPERT\AUTOIT\%%I SOURCESS\I386
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK\HFSLIP.CMD %%HFSLIP%%\%AUTOEXE% %%HFSLIP%%\%%I
)
GOTO EOF

copies the executable into I386. Are you saying now that there's more executables?

Don't know if it's of any use, but I was also thinking of expanding the feature a little by allowing more than one subfolder starting with "AUTOIT" (eg, AUTOIT2, AUTOIT3, AUTOIT4, etc) in case people need to use scripts that haven't been updated yet. This is trivial but I need to know if it can be considered useful or not.

copies the executable into I386. Are you saying now that there's more executables?

In addition to the autoit3.exe, there would be an executable of each setup that is automated by each .au3 script

Edited by daddydave

Don't know if it's of any use, but I was also thinking of expanding the feature a little by allowing more than one subfolder starting with "AUTOIT" (eg, AUTOIT2, AUTOIT3, AUTOIT4, etc) in case people need to use scripts that haven't been updated yet. This is trivial but I need to know if it can be considered useful or not.

Autoit3 is pretty dominant, I think. The program became a lot more user-friendly with version 3, I think, and I haven't seen an Autoit2 script on these unattended boards

I don't know which one is more popular. But don't bother with this : I find it a pity fast noone knows about AHK on this board (and only on this board). ;)

Yes, I was going to make that point.. AHK, while a great program, is dead to all the MSFN boards. Furthermore, almost every posted script and every utility I've seen posted for simplifying the creation of unattended scripts, that I've seen at least, is geared toward almost nothing but AutoIt3, not Autohotkey or AutoIt2.

I install both AutoHotkey and AutoIt3 on my system. I use AutoHotkey mainly for scripts that do not exit, like autocorrect, "FavoriteFolders", and making Alt-F4 work in cmd windows. I considered using it for unattended installation scripts, but it appeared I would be the first one doing so, so I quickly added AutoIt3 to my toolbox. :)

OK, Kiki Camarade_Tux, I searched and did find a few. I may have exaggerated slightly.

Edited by daddydave

@Tomcat76

Maybe we could have a slight update to this section?

ECHO This program slipstreams and integrates updates into an installable source.
echo Windows 2000 SP4: Integrates/Slipstreams IE6SP1, DX9, Critical Update Hotfixes
echo Windows XP SP2: Integrates/Slipstreams Critical Update Hotfixes
echo Windows 2003 SP1: Integrates/Slipstreams Critical Update Hotfixes
echo Copyright (C) 2005-2006 TommyP