HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

You messed up the KB #'s. 913670 is for removing the Australian update, and 918093 is for Sri Lanka.

Also, a user in the Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack subforum made an unofficial patch for the timeones for XP Pre-SP2 and 2000. The link is on this site.

the_guy

@ the_guy .. my apologies for the mix-up :( here you go ...

(928388) 2007 time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems: contains all 3 below ...

(913670) An update is available to remove the Australian daylight saving time 2006 912475 update

(918093) New time zone update for Sri Lanka

(921028) A hotfix is available to change the daylight saving time for the (GMT+02:00) Cairo time zone in 2006 for Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Currently using hfslip-61130a.cmd: (copy of log at bottom of post)

The HFSLIP folder still exists in %SYSTEMROOT%, the RUNONCE feature is not working, (regardless of what you've stated to date), the Advanced and Security sections of IE7 Options are blank and I'm sure many others things too.

There appear currently to be too many problems with both IE7 and WMP11, untill they are sorted why keep adding support for other non-essential stuff.

PS.

Would it be possible to re-release the most up to date version of HFSLIP, prior to support for IE7 and WMP11, and create a listing of all hotfixes supported by that version too.

I see no point in using a product which breaks the OS to this degree, as a base for my future computing.

Lets make sure that there is at least a FINAL which creates an unbroken system, unfortunately the current final has support for IE7 too, which as you know is still not resolved.

LOG.TXT

Is this OK?? XP-update sliped to W2kSP4?? :blink:
Yes; I tested it :)
There appear currently to be too many problems with both IE7 and WMP11, untill they are sorted why keep adding support for other non-essential stuff.
The changelog of the current test releases doesn't contain anything that wasn't requested. Be careful when you say "non-essential"...
Would it be possible to re-release the most up to date version of HFSLIP, prior to support for IE7 and WMP11, and create a listing of all hotfixes supported by that version too.
Why? And what's wrong with WMP11?
I see no point in using a product which breaks the OS to this degree, as a base for my future computing.
Then don't add IE7, because that's the product that's broken -- not HFSLIP. HFSLIP is already doing more than it should be doing in that regard. As I said, I'll let HFSLIP do an SVCPACK install if I can't find a workaround for the known issues. Edited by Tomcat76

HFSLIPping IE7 with WMP10 and associated 'fixes' causes me only one problem, (runonce). That I can live with, even if HFSLIP relies on it!, (hence HFSLIP folder not removed)

ECHO>>WORK\HFREGWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ZZZ999","999CLN",,"CMD.EXE /C RD/Q/S ""%%SystemRoot%%\HFSLIP"""

Just because I can live with it HFSLIP, is not working correctly, because all of its associated runonce and runonceex commands are not completing!

HFSLIPping IE7 with WMP11 leaves, as documented here, blank windows in commonly used dialog boxes; (not just in the IE7 ones I've mentioned). It also still exhibits the runonce problem. Why do I have to get rid of IE7 when it's only major problem to me is blank windows only caused by the introduction of WMP11? I actually consider not being able to view IE security and advanced options as quite a severe breakage. Other than those already mentioned, things like the extended tab in services.msc is also blank. I use these windows and would therefore prefer them not broken!

If you have fixed the WMP11 blank boxes problem, I have found no fix here yet for it, so please tell me how to do it.

It is a known issue that IE7's iernonce.dll breaks RunOnceEx. This isn't HFSLIP's problem. Nevertheless, the previous three test releases deleted that file for this reason, but that's irrelevant now since the current version no longer slipstreams IE7.

I want to say, though, that I cannot back up your claims. The HFSLIP folder is properly removed here, and I have no problems with the Advanced and Security sections of the Internet Options dialog either. The only issues I could confirm while HFSLIP slipstreamed IE7 were the broken thumbnail view in folders and the missing icons in the User Accounts dialog.

You don't have to take my word for it when I say the problems you were experiencing weren't HFSLIP's fault. Just ask anyone who has attempted to slipstream (!) IE7.

I have performed several more tests using hfslip-61202b.cmd, and can now admit to being mistaken!

The dialog boxes that were blank were only when also having IE7 included.

The HFSLIP folder was present though in all scenarios, it exists in my last attempt with WMP11 and IE6.