HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

@Kiki

1) Please upgrade to 61019a anyway because it's not just for that addon.

2) I see you already removed VMwareTools.exe. Someone else was having problems too and they were solved by removing that program.

3) Try to remove anything from your HFSVCPACK folder; it may be something in there that's causing the issue.

4) I'm now checking what could be wrong with the Recovery Console installation; the code is still the same.

thanks for the quick one TC! :P as always ... he! he! removing everything from HFSVCPACK folder is what i intend to do next ... after that though taxing ... & if free time would permit ... i would take out Oct HFs, then Sep HFs ... i'm guessing there might be 1 or some HFs causing this ...

i believe though that nothing was touched in the RC code ... i'm just puzzled why during that time ... correct me please if i am mistaken but RC installation comes before installation of those in HFSVCPACK so could any of those be the culprit? ;)

how about WMP10 (even WMP11 addon)? why do they just show for a few seconds & quit?

i'll report back in perhaps in a couple of days as i'm going to be on offs ... but should there be a new final already by the time i get back it's fine! i guess it's about time too to have a new final that serves all! :) i hope i will get this right somehow so i could report something nice already

btw, are we going to integrate ie7?

enjoy the weekend everybody! :)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hi Kiki. I just tested the RC and it's working fine. The only thing I can think of is that you have a folder structure like "X:\I386\SVCPACK" on one of your hard disks where "X" is a drive letter that precedes the drive letter of the optical drive from which you install Windows.

No idea why WMP10 is failing for you. Try by removing all Windows media hotfixes that aren't mentioned on our lists.

Those three others were already covered. I think you were a bit behind on updates with that file... :D
You know what? Something is weird when I run it with compression option D. In fact, even when I run HFSLIP with the new DBLBINXP.EXT file and execute dumpdupes.cmd again, I still end up with a list showing this:

aec.sy_
kmixer.sy_
ntkrnlpa.ex_
ntkrpamp.ex_
splitter.sy_
wdmaud.sy_

And this is with the new DBLBINXP.EXT!! Oh, and I've always had the latest version.

thanks again TC!

i will experiment on my builds again ... removing HFs that i recently added including those from the_guys list ... (no offense meant sir :) ) ... i think i got more or less 5 of those which i didn't have before that i downloaded ...

i have 2 optical drives in my setup now ... H & I ... while J is a virtual drive ...

really hope it'd be good builds to report when i get back ... ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

little thing, might save a kb or 2. Before the CAB compression options, COMPMEM is set to 21. How come you have it set to 21 again if you select option D.

Example:

SET COMPMEM=21
<snip>
IF /I "%DRIVERCOMP%"=="B" SET COMPMEM=20
IF /I "%DRIVERCOMP%"=="C" SET COMPMEM=18
IF /I "%DRIVERCOMP%"=="D" SET COMPMEM=21&SET MULTICAB=ON
IF /I "%DRIVERCOMP%"=="E" SET COMPMEM=20&SET MULTICAB=ON
IF /I "%DRIVERCOMP%"=="F" SET COMPMEM=18&SET MULTICAB=ON

Shouldn't it be

SET COMPMEM=21
<snip>
IF /I "%DRIVERCOMP%"=="B" SET COMPMEM=20