HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

For individual binaries, HFSLIP does something similar to what GreenMachine posted. If that fails for you, *none* of the newer binaries would be copied over to your SOURCESS\I386 folder. I find it strange that only browseui.dll is giving you problems...

I know all about mothers and computers. Sometimes I wonder if it was a good move to teach her the shift+Delete action... :rolleyes:

I once told my mother to use Shift+Del and immediately said "no, don't!". She would have wiped the whole folder. :P

ha! ha!

hi to all!

@ TC --- just like what i mentioned i only showed it again ... & yes sir i understood it the 1st time! :)

so far, i was able to successfully create new build using 60617b ... just this morning ... & when i logged back in ... now there's 60618b ... can't cope quick enough ;)

i have a couple of questions though:

i tried to replace the LegitControlCheck.dll via HFEXPERT\WIN\system32 with a file of the same name but duing the DOS copy mode, it said something like file could not be copied over or something like file could not be found --- & my only option was to skip the file ... :)

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Don't know... I'll see if I can duplicate it.

But it should work when you rename the file to LCC.dll, compress it to LCC.dl_ and put it in FIX. Then include LegitCheckControl.cab in HFCABS (and remove LegitCheckControl.dll from HFEXPERT\WIN\system32).

Are you using the RVM Update Pack?

Edited by Tomcat76

thanks for the quick 1 TC! ;)

would the renamed file copy over to system32 & write over the existing LegitCheckControl.dll?

oh btw, would you happen to have a tool that i could use to compress the .dll to .dl_?

any charity & guidance would be much appreciated. ;)

nope, i am not using RyanVM's add-on

Edited by Kiki Burgh

TXTSETUP.SIF instructs Windows setup to copy LCC.dll to system32 and rename it to LegitCheckControl.dll. HFSLIP adds this line into TXTSETUP.SIF if you include LegitCheckControl.cab or KB905474. If you put LCC.dl_ into FIX, HFSLIP will copy it into SOURCESS\I386 near the end of the HFSLIP run, overwriting the already present LCC.dl_.

To compress LCC.dll, you can put this line in a CMD file, save it in the same folder as LCC.dll and run it (then delete the CMD again).

MAKECAB /D CompressionMemory=21 /D CompressionType=LZX LCC.dll

Edited by Tomcat76

A stupid Question...

I ran HFSLIP and finished then i Have a ISO File. (And a Folder called SOURCESS)

Well.. if i change for example one Update and i don´t want HFSLIP decompress and compress again the Drivers (Or if i not integrate never a new driver).. ... wich switch may i choose??? A B C D E or F???

Thanks

zartrix.

Actually, Kiki, you got four options, not two.

HF\WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86_4bafa8793e8cdcaf4ba4ffc494df32d496154544.exe

FIX\LCC.dl_

HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab

FIX\LCC.dl_

HF\WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86_4bafa8793e8cdcaf4ba4ffc494df32d496154544.exe

HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\LCC.dll

HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab

HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\LCC.dll

I forgot about the last two options, where you can leave the file uncompressed...

alright ... i'll try these in a couple of hours ... :)

sir, as for compressing the file - the step you provided to me above would be the simplest, right?

would there be any other tool that would do just the same?

thanks again!

btw, i have a minor concerns about HFANSWER.inf ...

for the .CAT files deletion, would there be a value we could assign that would not prompt for pressing "Y" to delete files or hitting "Enter" for leaving the .CAT files intact if option is is the latter?

we can always reuse the SOURCE (even if slipstreaming of SP2 was done in a previous session) if option for back-up was set to 1, right?

just wanted to clarify ... ;)

thanks!

for the .CAT files deletion, would there be a value we could assign that would not prompt for pressing "Y" to delete files or hitting "Enter" for leaving the .CAT files intact if option is is the latter?
Yes and no. Your question is a bit too general.

If you set FORCEDELCATS to 1, HFSLIP will silently delete the CAT files that come from hotfixes. But an option to silently *not* delete CAT files (in the event you have modded SFC*.DLL files or USP5) doesn't exist. In this second case, your only option is to use the prompt (ie, don't set FORCEDELCATS to 1).

we can always reuse the SOURCE (even if slipstreaming of SP2 was done in a previous session) if option for back-up was set to 1, right?
Yes. The original source is restored when using that option (1=ask for backup, 2=execute backup without prompting). But this is tied to slipstreaming a Service Pack. So if a Service Pack doesn't need to be slipstreamed, a backup is never made.

Yes and no. Your question is a bit too general.

If you set FORCEDELCATS to 1, HFSLIP will silently delete the CAT files that come from hotfixes. But an option to silently *not* delete CAT files (in the event you have modded SFC*.DLL files or USP5) doesn't exist. In this second case, your only option is to use the prompt (ie, don't set FORCEDELCATS to 1).

as usual thanks for the clarification ... if we set the value to 1, then yes it does delete the .CAT files ... if we don't set it to anything, then it shows us the option to eitehr press "Y" or hit "Enter" ... would there be any value though that will not show the prompt anymore if for example we just want it to work with the .CAT files - without showing the options anymore ... something like default for not deleting the .CAT files anymore? sorry for the confusion ... thanks! ;)

Your source file seems to have the correct date. The only thing I can think of is that you're including the wrong file:

KB916281 for XPSP1: IE6.0sp1-KB916281-Windows-2000-XP-x86-FRA.exe

KB916281 for XPSP2: WindowsXP-KB916281-x86-FRA.exe

My file was indeed for SP2. Corrected now, we'll see how it goes. :)

I checked the properties of the file before deleting it and there's a field named "Applies to" which in fact appears in many hotfixes. It can be :

• "Windows XP Service Pack 1"
  • "Windows XP Service Pack 2"
  • "Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2"

Would it be possible hfslip checks that field and prints a warning or stops whenever an error is encountered ?

Or, rather, a warning and a "would you like to continue ?" screen ?

I still have

Patch NOT Installed MS04-024 Q839645

The registry key

**Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet

Settings\ZoneMap\ProtocolDefaults\shell** does not exist. It is

required for this patch to be considered installed.

I used latest version but it's also possible I made a mistake and used the previous one. However, I can't check that right now.

I also have the same problems, except for KB916281.