HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

I see! I will also try with the new 911565.

KB904942 is an optional update for Internet Explorer 7. If you don't install IE 7, I don't think there is any reason to include it. However, I do notice that it says the problem does not occur until IE 7 is installed. Does this mean I should include the hotfix?

Regarding the seeking issue (KB912226): On the page for KB911565, Microsoft does not say that the issue is fixed. It is still listed under "Known issues".

Edited by Super-Magician

Regarding the seeking issue (KB912226): On the page for KB911565, Microsoft does not say that the issue is fixed. It is still listed under "Known issues".

You're right - I was too lazy to read thoroughly the whole thing - I thought they're releasing fix and not only bumping this fix to notify users about possible complications after installation of this fix. :)

KB904942 is an update for Outlook Express 6 but it's only needed when/if you install IE7.

Outlook Express 6 uses "a certain way" to access HTTP-based e-mail servers (such as Hotmail) which no longer works (or is no longer accepted) when you install Internet Explorer 7. KB904942 updates the way OE6 accesses HTTP-based e-mail servers in a way that's compatible with both IE6 and IE7. So the hotfix is not needed if you decide to not install IE7, but installing it anyway doesn't harm your system either.

Did you redownload KB911565? It was updated according to the_guy. WMP.DLL is at version 10.0.0.4019 now.

Yes, downloading V2 of KB911565 solved the problem - there simply WAS newer version of this fix :)

Thanks Tomcat76 for your work

P.S.: Do you know why KB904942 doesn't get slipstreamed?

I redownloaded KB911565.

I did several tests.

I didn't use folders :HFSVCPACK & HFAAO

1. I used HFSLIP_60401.CMD

WU does not work.

2. I used HFSLIP_60414a.CMD, deleted *.CAT

WU doesn't work also.

3. I used HFSLIP_60414a.CMD, deleted *.CAT

I added KB917425, KB912812 and deleted KB905915

WU doesn't work

4. This test was identical as TEST3 only I left the files of the CAT.

WU doesn't work also :(

Info: MS KB917425

dziubek

ERROR_REPORTHFSLIP_60401.CMD.TXT

HFSLIP_HFSLIP_60414a_test2.LOG.txt

HFSLIP.LOG_test3.txt

Edited by dziubek

Thanks for the tip, the_guy. You are right. I installed the WU Catalog version by hand and then Windows Update stopped complaining.

I removed the "trial fix" for KB904942-v2 introduced in HFSLIP_60415a.

For the folks that are interested in having the WMP9/10 classic skin... It appears that the latest fix introduced about two days ago does the trick. Happy skinless experience... :)

New final is coming up. I just need to do one more test.

The fix for the "DX3 problem" on Windows 2003 will not be included in the final since noone seems to give a F. I can't test this myself because everything's fine on my end.