Remote Desktop Connection to non-3389 port

ardi

Remote Desktop usually works great, but I can only get to a single computer on a LAN using the default port, i.e. xx.xx.xx.xx:3389. If I open another port in the router, like 3390, and assign it to different computer, it won't let me in to that computer. If I switch the addresses I can always get to the 3389 computer but never to any other one. I've tried various addresses, no luck. I have another port open for a different app (DC++) and that works fine. Only Remote Desktop is giving me this trouble.

The router is a wireless D-Link; the computers in question are connected by CAT5 cables. Both computers running XP Pro.

Help would be appreciated. I've been fighting this problem for months.

Edited by ardi

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I've been fighting that problem for months.

The D-Link routers don't have the port redirection capability (at least I can't find it) but I changed the listening port on a remote machine and that that gave me access. They sure don't make it easy.

Ardi

• 2 weeks later...

I change listening port on remote computer, but how can i change outgoing port on my local computer? I want that outgoing port was 80 and not 10xx because on proxy open only 80 and 21 ports.

I change listening port on remote computer, but how can i change outgoing port on my local computer? I want that outgoing port was 80 and not 10xx because on proxy open only 80 and 21 ports.

just enter the portnumber that the computer you are going to connect to are listening on after the IP:

123.123.123.123:port

Clint, sorry, but you don't understand me because of my bad english :)

On Terminal Server using regedit I change port from 3389 to 80 and now incoming RDP sessions listening on port 80, ok. How can I configure computer that want to connect to this Terminal Server using RDP so that outgoing port was 80 too and not 10xx by default, because my proxy allow only connection to 21 or 80 ports.