Where to learn batch file programing

I have tried searching around and didn't really turn up much in the way of a tutorial kinda site. I have primarly been focused on web developement till I started coming around this site. I would like to know if there is a web site or something out there that has a pretty good beginers tutorial on how to creat batch files. Or if there is something on this site that I just haven't found yet or I wasn't searching for the right words. thanks for your time.

I have never read books on the subject, I find that it is easier to have a problem you want to solve, and work on solving it, learning snippets along the way.

However everyone learns differently, you have a PC, so use it

• Free interactive Batch Course
http://www.allenware.com/icsw/icswidx.htm
Batch Reference with examples http://www.allenware.com/icsw/icswref.htm

wow that allenware site is great, its gonna take me a while to get thru all that. I was looking into being able to write my own custom install files and have been reading a lot of the material on here. Is there anything else besides writing batch files that I should look into learning as well? Thanks again for all your help with this, you guys have been awesome

%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

Waou Delprat!

I was about to say: 'Just type help at a cmd prompt', but your tip gives the same information in a much more readable form. :thumbup

I'll only have to remember the whole command line ... because I don't understand it in full ;)