anyone knows how to silent install BWMeter?

ajua

Im trying to installing silently but i cant find any switches for it.

if i run it with /help it installs on %systemdrive%\help

if i run it with -help it installs on setuppath\-help

i cant tell wich installer is used in their setup. anyone knows something?

i will try to make an sfx archive out of the folder under program files but im not sure if it will work because i believe it installs a network driver. will post is this works.

its a great traffic meter and netrok monitor from www.desksoft.com

i just figured it out. i had to make a repackage using Installer Design Studio and it works great. the settings are stored under USERPROFILE\Application Data\Desksoft\BWMeter (this is for setings, download/upload histiry etc).

its working well right now.

• 5 years later...

In the manual file (BWMeter.chm) in Installation & Uninstallation section is stated that:

Unattended setup: if you want to install BWMeter automatically, without user  interface, please include the installation path as a command line parameter.  Also, any file included in the command line will be copied to the installation  path by the setup program. Here is an example:

BMSetup.exe "C:\Program Files\BWMeter" License.dlc

This command line will install BWMeter to the default installation path and copy the license file "License.dlc" to the installation path. "License.dlc" must be in the same folder as "BMSetup.exe" so that the setup program can find it.

After unattended setup, a text file "BMSetup.log" will be created. It contains the result of the installation.

Sorry for bumping a 5 year old thread.