[guide[ EditPlus

Dobby

I've been using this program for years. It's my defacto text editor. I've tried others but always come back to EditPlus and the user files support is excellent.

Anyway, I noticed a couple of requests for silent installs on the EditPlus Wiki so pointed them to MSFN but then found there is not much on it so thought I'd add mine.

First install Editplus and configure it the way you want. Then take a copy of the editplus folder in program files. I tend to leave out the workspace.ini file as this just contains the last files you were editing etc. Place it on your network drive or SFX it onto your uA CD, whatever floats your boat.

Then come the scripts to do the reinstall. These scripts include copying of the files, setting the license key, creating a shortcut and setting file open and edit associations. You'll need to edit the Editplus.cmd file for your needs.

The shortcut command I used is a .net app and requires the .net framework version 2.0 but you can also get the command from the windows resource kit (I found this after creating the app).

I hope people find this useful. Please post here if you require assistence.

Regards,

Dobby

SilentEditplus.zip

Edited by Dobby