PC Anywhere Problem

Hi,

We're about ready to throw one of our servers out the window. This problem started happening back in

November.

When a connection is attempted using PC Anywhere and we try and allow connection, a dialog box comes up indicating "do you want to stop current session?" When we say "yes" the program says "cannot stop current session." When we attempt going to the help section in the program it freezes up and we have to close the window to get back into it.

When we go into task manager we can see the process running but we're unable to end it. Because of this running process we are unable to remove the program or re-install it.

We're pretty sure this is a Symantec PC Anywhere 9.2 problem and not related to Windows Server 2000 Advanced.

There were no major hardware or software changes to our servers when this problem first occurred.

I'd appreciate any assistance anyone can offer.

-Frustrated Techie

HI,

first of hall it doesn't seem to be a problem of network or a Micorosoft Software, but anyway....

Have a look a the event viewer, check for errors related to services... anything... on both sides Client/Server. Come back to us with it so we can have a look. Check if PC Anywhere as a Log.

Does PC Anywhere has updates? Have you windows up to dates? server and client?

Plz try to give us more information abou it.... or just contact me by msn, check on my profile.

Darpa.