Slipstream Office 2003 SP2

apex2000

Hi All

I'm trying to create a network installation source for Office 2003 Professional, with SP2 and all hotfixes applied, but running into trouble.

I have run the initial install from CD with the /A option, entered the product key and registration info. Then I have downloaded Office 2003 Service Pack 2, extracted this and applied it to the MSI files. Up to this point is absolutely fine, no problems. I can install from here, and Office 2003 with SP2 installs fine.

The problem comes with trying to integrate the post-SP2 hotfixes. Through installing Office 2003 with SP2 then visiting Microsoft Update, I have found that the following further updates are required at the moment:

Security Update for PowerPoint 2003 (KB916518)

Security Update for Word 2003 (KB917334)

Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103)

Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB920907)

Security Update for Office 2003 (KB921566)

Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB918419)

Security Update for Office 2003 (KB914455)

Update for Outlook 2003 (KB913807)

Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

I have downloaded the administrative installers for each of these, extracted the MSP files, and then used msiexec to apply them to the office11.msi file in the installation source. This all goes OK, there are no errors generated. However, if I then perform a new clean install from this source, the system does not seem to think these updates have been applied. Visiting the Microsoft Update website, it still downloads and applies them.

Can anyone offer any advice as to anything I might have done wrong, or why this might be failing?

@Taniniver try the ms office update site just to be sure http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/officeupdate/default.aspx and see if it also says you need updates.

also, try out this tool Office Update Inventory Tool.

if either of them say that the updates are all installed then your problem is with the MU website.

@hotpants you say you are doing the same as Taniniver... if it lists no new updates and says that it is already updated when visiting the MU site, then isn't that what you are trying to achieve? (an admin install point with all updates to date integrated)

I need a help, please!

So, I've created an Administrative Installation Point using my Office11 Pro CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all Hotfixes following this. After that I've successfully installed updated Office form HD. But, after burning (with Nero and UltraISO) my Updated Administrative Installation Point on CD I can't install Office from this CD. I tried to do it on several Windows machines and I always had this error

problemuc8.jpg

To insert my original Office CD doesn't help :(. On the net I found the needed DLL Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll is included in Office 2003 PIA download. I downloaded this package and I tried to incorporate it in my Administrative Installation Point without success :(.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Did you find a fix for this iii333 ? I have the exact same issue. When installed directly from the hard drive, no problems at all. But if I burn the files to cd I get this same error. Only solution I've come up with is NOT to install InfoPath. Installation is fine then.

But why would it install perfectly from the HDD but not CD?

@markajm and iii333

Thanks a lot for the info. I tried the Office Update website, and that didn't show any updates required, so the issue is with the Microsoft Update website.

FYI iii333, since you wanted to know, I'm installing from harddisk.

Thanks again :thumbup

To insert my original Office CD doesn't help :(. On the net I found the needed DLL Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll is included in Office 2003 PIA download. I downloaded this package and I tried to incorporate it in my Administrative Installation Point without success :(.

ok, same problem here

i tried 3x slipstreaming, tryed all that iii333 did, but no success

only way to bypass office installation, is not installing InfoPath

any solution?

ps: iso made with UltraISO

Edited by mik99

only way to bypass office installation, is not installing InfoPath

any solution?

To copy office installation on HD of each computer where you want to install office :P

I was wrong: Office 2003 PIA doesn't contain the file Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll :(. It only applies on it...

hi all! i tried this link as suggested by jftuga ... everything went on smoothly & i even created an ISO ... but when i tried installing it & checked on Help ... About - it didn't show as SP2 ... attached are a couple of screenshots: 1 from another machine where i installed SP2 separately while the other where i used the slipstreamed SP2 ... any suggestion? thanks! :)

post-84520-1157465920_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1157465927_thumb.jpg

Hi All

I'm trying to create a network installation source for Office 2003 Professional, with SP2 and all hotfixes applied, but running into trouble.

I have run the initial install from CD with the /A option, entered the product key and registration info. Then I have downloaded Office 2003 Service Pack 2, extracted this and applied it to the MSI files. Up to this point is absolutely fine, no problems. I can install from here, and Office 2003 with SP2 installs fine.

The problem comes with trying to integrate the post-SP2 hotfixes. Through installing Office 2003 with SP2 then visiting Microsoft Update, I have found that the following further updates are required at the moment:

Security Update for PowerPoint 2003 (KB916518)

Security Update for Word 2003 (KB917334)

Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB920907)

Security Update for Office 2003 (KB921566)

Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB918419)

Security Update for Office 2003 (KB914455)

Update for Outlook 2003 (KB913807)

Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

I have downloaded the administrative installers for each of these, extracted the MSP files, and then used msiexec to apply them to the office11.msi file in the installation source. This all goes OK, there are no errors generated. However, if I then perform a new clean install from this source, the system does not seem to think these updates have been applied. Visiting the Microsoft Update website, it still downloads and applies them.

Can anyone offer any advice as to anything I might have done wrong, or why this might be failing?

I need a help, please!

So, I've created an Administrative Installation Point using my Office11 Pro CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all Hotfixes following this. After that I've successfully installed updated Office form HD. But, after burning (with Nero and UltraISO) my Updated Administrative Installation Point on CD I can't install Office from this CD. I tried to do it on several Windows machines and I always had this error

problemuc8.jpg

Did you find a fix for this iii333 ? I have the exact same issue. When installed directly from the hard drive, no problems at all. But if I burn the files to cd I get this same error. Only solution I've come up with is NOT to install InfoPath. Installation is fine then.

But why would it install perfectly from the HDD but not CD?

hi all,

I have a solution, I'll explain you how I did:

The problem is Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103):

you
don't
need Office 2003 PIA

you
need

After slipstreaming Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103) into Office 2003 Professional with SP2 there are two errors in PRO11.MSI.

To fix:

• download
    :

• double click downloaded
    IntelSDK.msi
    and follow the instruction to install

• go in the folder where you have install to (default
    D:\MsiIntel.SDK
    ) then under folder
    Tools
    (
    D:\MsiIntel.SDK\Tools
    )

• double click
    Orca.msi
    and install it

• backup
    PRO11.MSI
    with

• run Orca

• with Orca open
    PRO11.MSI
    with

• then in the
    Tables
    column (left) click on
    File
    , scroll down the rigth column until end, at the bottom you will see the last two rows like:

File                                        Component_                      Sequence

IPCLRWRP.DLL_0001            Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2            

INFOPATH.CFG                      Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2            

• change the numbers under Sequence into:

File                                        Component_                      Sequence

IPCLRWRP.DLL_0001            Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2              

INFOPATH.CFG                      Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2              

post-109931-1157915768_thumb.jpg

• save PRO11.MSI
  • create image, burn it and try...

• 4 weeks later...

Though there are fixes to the KB920103, I still have yet to get this one working easily.

I have found a solution that is simple for the pesky hotfixes that will not work with the typical slipstream syntax. It is:

e.g. (Where *.msp is your hotfix and *.msi are the installation files).

start /wait msiexec.exe /p c:\office2k3\pvmso.msp /a c:\office2k3\pro11.msi /qb /lv* c:\office2k3\logfile.txt

start /wait msiexec.exe /p c:\office2k3\pvmso.msp /a c:\office2k3\owc11.msi /qb /lv* c:\office2k3\logfile.txt

For some reason, some of the new patches require you to have the autorun.inf file in the source directory and for it to create a logfile. I put both the installation msi files in the script because I really didn't want to figure out which hotfix went with each. You will get an error if it cannot be applied to one of the msi files.

I hope this helps.

Note: The error I was getting was from this script found on many websites. It did not work with my source files.

msiexec /p D:\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office2003\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

Edited by IT Rider

Finally, KB920103 worked!

After I installed all of my hotfixes using my previous post info, I re-applied the KB920103 hotfix by itself.

start /wait msiexec.exe /p c:\office2k3\infopath.msp /a c:\office2k3\pro11.msi /qb /lv* c:\office2k3\logfile.txt

I tested it...and well, it did not work as planned, even though it slipstreamed okay. Again, like others, it asked for the CD.

So, I used monnezza's method using the Windows Installer SDK (x86) v1.1 and orca. Worked great! Thanks monnezza! How you would know to go there for the fix is beyond me. Take care.