Slipstream Office 2003 SP2

apex2000

This thread has been updated here: http://www.msfn.org/board/Office-Patchers-...oad-t89038.html

I have been going through the intermediate section of the unattended setup of WinXP and come to the section on Office 2003. There, it tells you how to slipstream Office 2003 SP1, and it works as I have tried it [though not tried to install Office after slipstreaming].

So, I began to think about slipstreaming Office 2003 SP2. I have the necessary file: Office2003SP2-KB887616-FullFile-ENU.exe

So, I followed the instructions as for SP1 and changed as necessary for SP2:

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Everything went well, unexpectedly? I have yet to try to install from the resulting files, but I would bet my left testicle that it will work.

Does anyone know any differently?

BTW, if anyone wants the SP2 file, mail me and I'll upload to somewhere for you.

Thanks to all on the forums. I have learnt so much since finding this site.

Regards from Thailand [i'm English actually]

Since my first post, I have installed [unattended] WinXP from the beginner's section and then attempted to install the SP2 slipstreamed version of Office 2003. And, it worked :P

Following that, I went to the Office update site and found that three updates were needed:

office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU.exe 298 KB

office2003-KB911961-FullFile-ENU.exe 3.27 MB

Office2003mui-KB892843-FullFile-ENU.exe 5.35 MB

These, I have downloaded. After updating via the web, I went back to the Office update site and it did not report that any other updates were necessary.

Therefore, maybe the intermediate section of the tutorial could be updated to use SP2, not SP1, and could mention the other three required updates as above.

Again, if anyone wants these files, mail me and I'll uplaod them somewhere.

Regards.

You mentioned that there are 3 post SP2 updates. Is there anyway to incorporate (aka slipstream) those onto a installation CD similar to the way you did the SP2 slipstream?

Thanks,

-John

I have been going through the intermediate section of the unattended setup of WinXP and come to the section on Office 2003. There, it tells you how to slipstream Office 2003 SP1, and it works as I have tried it [though not tried to install Office after slipstreaming].

So, I began to think about slipstreaming Office 2003 SP2. I have the necessary file: Office2003SP2-KB887616-FullFile-ENU.exe

So, I followed the instructions as for SP1 and changed as necessary for SP2:

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Everything went well, unexpectedly? I have yet to try to install from the resulting files, but I would bet my left testicle that it will work.

Does anyone know any differently?

BTW, if anyone wants the SP2 file, mail me and I'll upload to somewhere for you.

Thanks to all on the forums. I have learnt so much since finding this site.

Regards from Thailand [i'm English actually]

I went one strep further by using office resource kit (ORK) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en to complete the package with an unattended Office 2003 SP2 install

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Feeling depressed right now because, having gone very carefully through the intermediate section and made a DVD with XP and Office2003 plus a few other things, nothing but XP installed ! :wacko: ! I must have read something wrong or done something wrong but it can wait till tomorrow.

Never give up, that's the answer. Try, try, try again.

And I will.

Cheers.

Here is a batch file I use to slipstream the Office Service Packs and Hotfixes. I just add to it as new updates come out. works like a champ. Of course, edit it to mimic your own directory structure. L8r!

Office 2k3 SP2 Slipstream.bat

rem Slipstream Office System 2003 to SP2

msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Slipstream Office System 2003 Web Components

msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\OWC11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Slipstream Office Frontpage 2003 to SP2

msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\FrontPage2k3\FP11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Frontpage2k3\OWC11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Slipstream Office Visio 2003 to SP2

msiexec /p D:\Office\Visio2003SP2\VISIOSP2.msp /a D:\Office\Visio2k3\VISPRO.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Slipstream Office Project 2003 to SP2

msiexec /p D:\Office\Project2003SP2\PROJECTSP2.msp /a D:\Office\Project2k3\PRJPROE.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Project2k3\OWC11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Slipstream Office One Note 2003 to SP2

msiexec /p D:\Office\OneNote2003SP2\ONENOTESP2.msp /a D:\Office\OneNote2k3\ONOTE11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

Office 2k3 Hotfixes.bat

rem Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB907417\OTKLOADR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Access 2002 (KB904018)

rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB904018\MSACCESSff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter (KB907492)

rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB907492\OUTLFLTR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Excel 2003 (KB905756)

rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB905756\EXCELff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Excel 2003 (KB913807)

msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB913807\OLKINTLff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb
msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB913807\OUTLOOKff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Excel 2003 (KB913161)

msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB913161\OUTLFLTR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Excel 2003 (KB911961)

msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB911961\OUTLFLTR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

rem Update for Excel 2003 (KB892843)

msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB892843\OLKINTLff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb
msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB892843\OUTLOOKff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

Edited by prathapml

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OK, I found the answer... which is yes, this can be done...

http://www.petri.co.il/office_system_2003_...ipstreaming.htm

On this website is another page discussing slipstreaming SP2...

http://www.petri.co.il/office_system_2003_...ipstreaming.htm

-John

Hi just new here. I just want to ask about the procedures posted on the above site. I tried the steps on slipstreaming sp2 to Office 2003. I am stuck on "Step 3: Apply SP to the installation files"

using this string:

msiexec /p D:\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office2003\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

I cannot find PRO11.MSI file. I only have the STD11.MSI and the OWC11.MSI files when it copied to the my specified location as stated on Step 1 (http://www.petri.co.il/office_system_2003_sp_slipstreaming.htm)

Any help is much appreciated

I cannot find PRO11.MSI file. I only have the STD11.MSI and the OWC11.MSI files...

It's normal that you have STD11.MSI instead of PRO11.MSI. Your Office version is Standard (STD) not Professional (PRO). You have to edit msiexec syntax like this

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\STM11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

and read this wonderful guide to be completely sure :D.

Edited by iii333

I need a help, please!

So, I've created an Administrative Installation Point using my Office11 Pro CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all Hotfixes following this. After that I've successfully installed updated Office form HD. But, after burning (with Nero and UltraISO) my Updated Administrative Installation Point on CD I can't install Office from this CD. I tried to do it on several Windows machines and I always had this error

problemuc8.jpg

To insert my original Office CD doesn't help :(. On the net I found the needed DLL Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll is included in Office 2003 PIA download. I downloaded this package and I tried to incorporate it in my Administrative Installation Point without success :(.

Any help would be very appreciated!