WGA downloads: Administrator only from now on?

I installed the new LegitCheckControl from the Administrator account and I can download WGA-protected files fine from there. But, when I try to download WGA-protected files from the Power User account, Internet Explorer pops up an ActiveX control asking me to install "Windows Genuine Advantage". When I click "Yes", the thing just gets stuck.

What gives? Can validation only be performed from the Administrator account now? This problem wasn't there with the previous versions of LegitCheckControl.dll...

Wait a few minutes, MS will issue a new one :realmad: Or maybe it's a huge bug security feature...

There have been, to my memory, 8 versions of this control now... done, I am guessing, to keep the binary patchers so busy that the control can't ever be hacked and also be the current version at the same time.

It's fixed now. The file I placed into the system32 folder manually had only Admin and SYSTEM rights. When I removed it and let the ActiveX control install it, LegitCheckControl.dll was copied to the system32 folder and was given Admin, SYSTEM and Power User rights.

Edited by Tomcat76

As said, I installed it from the Administrator account. What I actually should've done is:

1) Log in as Admin, unreg LegitCheckControl.DLL and delete it

2) Log in as Power User and copy the new file into the system32 folder

3) Login as Admin and register the file

Edited by Tomcat76

Wait a few minutes, MS will issue a new one :realmad: Or maybe it's a huge bug security feature...

There have been, to my memory, 8 versions of this control now... done, I am guessing, to keep the binary patchers so busy that the control can't ever be hacked and also be the current version at the same time.

Will for the hacked part of it.. It's not true because i'm using a hacked version LegitCheckControl.DLL that allows me to use windows update and i can d/l anything from the microsoft site..