How to integrate icl files?

Bugs Bunny

• 2 weeks later...

@januh:

Not all icons are replacable by a registry entry. Some can only be replaced if you do a "ressource hack"

These icons in the control panel are integrated into the .cpl files that are located in Winnt\System32

You need to open these with a ressource editor and change the icons there directly. Probably some more things are necessary to not get in trouble with windows file protection.

I've discovered some more small things and will post a general update as soon as I have got some time.

The past weeks and the next weeks I had/have little time.

• 4 months later...

still don`t get it. i downloaded the silent installer for the icons but it puts some english entries in my german start menue. i tried to alter die inf file in the installer, expanding it, altering the file an re-cab it, because i don`t know the installer switches. so i put the altered cab file in the svcpack folder of hfslip but after the install the icons stay as in win2000. when i use the installer exe it changes the icons.

now i want to try the other method , i downloaded the reg.7z and the icl.7z, but where do i have to put these in the hfslip folder? do i have to extract the 7z files?

Edited by zwiebug222

Hi zwiebug222!

The icl Files go into HFEXPERT.

The 7z file contains a folder structure. Unzip the 7z file and put the icl files that are inside WINNT into HFEXPERT\WIN (explorer.icl). The rest into HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32.

Finally unzip the reg.7z and put the reg file from the ForHFSLIP folder into HFSVCPACK.

The icl Files inside Program Files can be copied to the corresponding folders after install. The reg files for these can also only be aplied after install.

Get the latest icl+reg files under:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=74641

This topic is old. Please use this other topic instead:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=74641

Edited by tain
old