[Help] Why some programs don't run at all in windows xp?

Rudi1

Hello!

I have this problem with some programs or stand alone exe :unsure:

When I click with mouse on program icon or shortcut nothing happend.Click again-nothing,programs don't run.

Then I click with right mouse button and select: Run As and this window appear then:

qrg9qr.gif

then I uncheck:Protect My Computer and data from unauthorized program activity and program start normal.Can This options be uncheck by defoult and how I can do this?

Please anyone for help,becouse this make me crazy :huh:

Cheers!

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Please follow XP Forum Rules from now on.

--Sonic

You are my life saver sebbe1991! :thumbup

Thanx a milion times,this reg fix works and now programs run well.I search for this fix la ong time for now,but I can't find it,now with your reply my problems with exe run is gone!

take care! :hello:

sounds like you might have data execution prevention enabled for all programs. you could goto Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention. and see if its set for all program or just windows services.

Edited by ScubaSteve

Do you have an AMD x64 or Intel EMT64 processor? If so, DEP is enabled by default no matter what is set in the GUI. You have to use boot.ini options to turn it off.

I have Pentium 4,but I like to know what txt lines I must add to boot.ini to disable DEP?