7 Zip Icons

GamerSmurf

r possibly just add the 7-zip filetype icons as done like PHP files? I don't use 7-zip personally but maybe some users would benefit from having nice filetype icons

That would be really welcome Xpero . Just having some pleasing file type icon would be far far better than the current icons :)

Aren't the filetypes icons already included in XPize ? (ok, with WinRAR, but they are great and "self-explaining")

I think that "general filetypes icons" are preferable over "program-dependant icons".

/my 2 cents

Bad news guys. 7zip only supports 16 crappy colors in the toolbar icons, so I think I won't be wasting my time on an ugly thing that will end up equally ugly.

Actualy, it supports more colors, I tested images with 16bit colord depth and it works. The only limitation is, that it doesn't support real transparency, only binary transparency (everything in RGB:255,0,255 is fully transparent).

16bit is way enought... (and the best part, i would also be compat with 2k ... witch doesn't do true-colors either...

by the way i dont dislike the file-type icons, wich imo are quite straight forward and do fite in winXP (default icon sets), but the UI is ........ (no mom i wont swear, i know i promised you .... ghe ghe...)

Edited by -I-

16bit is way enought... (and the best part, i would also be compat with 2k ... witch doesn't do true-colors either...

by the way i dont dislike the file-type icons, wich imo are quite straight forward and do fite in winXP (default icon sets), but the UI is ........ (no mom i wont swear, i know i promised you .... ghe ghe...)

offtopic:

Why are you so obsessed with Windows 2000? Most 2K fanatics became 2K3 fanatics, but you obviously did not. What's the story? :P

[way off topic]the story is money :D - at work we run 2k3 and its cewl ... many things improving on the windows server market but i cant say that about the desktop market... so at work where running windows 2003 SMB with 2k pro clients at home im still running NT4 advanced with 2k clients (6 clients in total).

im realy looking forward to the Final of vista, but i still have to see before ill believe.. 2k was just simple, clean, still runs most modern systems (exact 64bit, but wich os does atm there's hardly any 64bit optimized software anyway just ports to it)

[/ot]

if only id be better at programming, (id love to compleately restyle the UI... Sighs.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bump this but Xpero is there any chance on next XPize you could add ISO filetype patching to 7-zip?

I think the icon posted here in http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=65982 that topic would be a good choice (i do this manually but it'd be nice for XPize to do it for me ;))

TY in advance if you add this :)

K ;)

:thumbup thanks loads m8 keep up teh great work :D