[QUESTION] How Do I add Security Tab to File Properties?

zedox

:hello:

How Do I add Security Tab to File Properties?

When my machine is in safemode I can change security settings on folders and files.

But in normal mode that option is not available...

Surely theres a setting or reg tweak to enable it?

Cheers...

Wicked! Cheers fellas... had a horible feeling you'd say it wasn't possible.

I tracked down the registry setting using RegShot too...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"forceguest"=dword:00000000

Edited by antonio_king

I would like security tab and guest enabled in windows xp (like Windows 2003) but it's seems to be impossible, but when windows xp is client of a domain security tab appears, do you think there is solution in this way ?

Did you try the suggestions I gave you before?

1. Start > Run > secpol.msc

2. In secpol.msc (Local Security Policies) navigate to Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment

3. Make sure Access this computer from the network contains Everyone.

4. Make sure Deny access to this computer from the network does NOT contain the Guest account.

5. In secpol.msc navigate to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.

6. Make sure Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to Anonymous users is Enabled.

7. In Network access: Shares that can be access anonymously add the name of the share you wish to allow Guest to access (it has to be on it's own line).

8. Set Network security: LAN Manager authentication level to Send LM & NTLM reponse - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.

9. To make sure these settings are enforced run gpupdate /force /boot from the command line. The /boot will force a reboot if any of the settings require the machine to be restarted before taking effect.

10. Now make sure your Guest account is enabled because it's disabled by default.

11. Now create your share and set the "Everyone" group with the level of access you wish anonymous users to have (i.e. Full Control, Read, etc). Of course, be sure to set this on both the Share and Security permissions.