Saving old programs

hammermtl

Hey guys,

I'm going to have to reinstall my operating system

On this computer, I have some old programs that I would no longer be able to find

Is there a way to completely backup a program which has already been installed and move it to another computer?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Josh

What are the programs?

How big are they?

How old they are?

And whats your OS?

Note: you should provide More information for us to help you.

Edited by computerMan

Thanks guys

I'm running XP PRO and the reinstal will also be XP pro

The programs i'd want to save would be:

Motorolla Mobile phone tools (It took honestly months to get it set right to connect via bluetooth to my cell)

Mpegable video maker also for my cell phone

and the old sync program for my handspring visor (it still works well so i never replaced it)

Some other saves would be nice but those are the main 3 I need

Also is there a way to make a list of all the websites i have autologon info for?

I'm a member of about 20 sites where i have unique logon info like msfn.org that I know i wont be able to get into or even remember i'm a part of after i reinstall.

Thanks

Josh

Copy all its files and registry keys. Older programs tend to be less intrusive in terms of registry keys, and they may only require the files in its own directory.

Also is there a way to make a list of all the websites i have autologon info for?

I'm a member of about 20 sites where i have unique logon info like msfn.org that I know i wont be able to get into or even remember i'm a part of after i reinstall.

Copy all your cookies too. Edited by LLXX

Copy all its files and registry keys. Older programs tend to be less intrusive in terms of registry keys, and they may only require the files in its own directory.

Copy all your cookies too.

Thats what I would do.